Article: "Is she really a doctor" Park Shin Hye's nail art controversy in 'Doctors'
Source: Herald Econ via Nate
1. [+151, -9] I've noticed a lot earlier too that Lee Sung Kyung's attire isn't fitting for a doctor either. She's a doctor but wears chokers and skinny scarfs. I've never seen doctors in my life dressed like that. Sure it's nice to look pretty but I think it's more important to focus on the role you're playing... Is it because these actors are still young that they don't realize the importance of playing to a role rather than looking pretty??? They just don't seem to care...
2. [+125, -16] The nail art doesn't distract from the drama at all because the entire drama itself is distracting...
3. [+104, -8] The drama's fun but let's be honest, it's only popular because of the love story between Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won. The plot itself isn't strong at all. Let's admit that, shall we? The two leads are making up for it with their strong acting.
4. [+28, -4] Park Shin Hye used to be such a focused actor... I wonder if she's in a new relationship? Suddenly she's so focused on losing weight and looking pretty... She used to have a natural air to her before but now she just cares about looking pretty and acting pretty. Instead of playing a doctor, she just acts like she's playing someone who's pretty who happens to be a doctor.
5. [+22, -0] I've been watching 'Doctors' on and off and it is a bit weird ㅋㅋㅋ I get that it's a drama but look at all of the color hairstyles of the doctors ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+8, -0] The drama definitely lacks that oomph that other med dramas like White Tower and Golden Time had. Unrealistic outfit choices galore.
Article: 'Doctors' reps, "We were aware of Park Shin Hye's nail art prior to filming... will be more careful in the future"
Source: Starin via Nate
1. [+950, -21] I know people are going to think viewers are being extra picky but doctors and nurses in real life are not allowed to wear nail art
2. [+854, -28] Most of the women in 'Doctors' are a bit flashy with their outfits, make up, and shoes, especially compared to how doctors dress in real life. I imagine Han Hyo Joo's stlye in 'W' is closer to how doctors dress in real life.
3. [+519, -124] It's not the nail art that's distracting from the drama... the drama itself is just so boring, I don't care for what comes next...
4. [+66, -3] Let's be real, medical dramas in Korea are not about the medical focus but the love lines with people who happen to be wearing white gowns ㅋㅋㅋ The doctors are already wearing high heels and having fashion shows every day at work, what's a little nail art going to harm~
5. [+56, -1] I think it's weird that they wear heels in the hospital too ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+52, -3] I think it comes down to how seriously the actor takes her role. If she really cared for her character, she'd study every little detail about that role and apply it to herself... I really like Park Shin Hye as an actor but I do think she needs to study a bit more on how doctors in real life dress and apply it to her own character.
7. [+51, -1] I found Lee Sung Kyung's heels and chokers more distracting than Park Shin Hye's nail art. She doesn't look like a doctor at all.
8. [+49, -3] I've never seen doctors in real life wearing heels! And it's distracting how they have their gowns unbuttoned all the time! Park Shin Hye's outfits never match her role!
9. [+43, -3] I've noticed every time I watch this drama that the doctors are always holding private conversations in front of the patients, dressed overly flashy, and wearing doctor gowns with thick make up and kill heels ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ nothing realistic about this drama at all, and it all totally distracts from the viewer's focus
10. [+38, -3] Yeah, that's why I stopped after the first episode. Couldn't focus at all with all of that going on.