Article: '48 kg is a pig' Girl groups forced to be stick skinny
Source: Herald Econ via Nate
1. [+633, -30] UEE's honey thighs were perfect in the past but she was probably in the 50 kg range back then. Girl groups nowadays have the same thickness in their thighs and calves and it doesn't even look like a woman's leg anymore..
2. [+567, -24] They have no choice because even if they're super thin, the camera adds pounds. People always say that they'd rather idols look healthy and that they don't like it when they're too thin but there's a difference in standards between what men and women consider thin. Ultimately idols have to follow what the consumers want, and are willing to get that thin because hitting success means you get super rich.
3. [+404, -7] I saw SNSD in real life once and I always thought they were pretty and thin on TV but in real life, they're just nothing but bones, all of them. It was really shocking.
4. [+39, -0] Hyuna's just all bones as well. She looks toned and stuff on TV but there's none of that in real life. SNSD too, all I could notice were their knees because of how bony they were ㅋㅋ
5. [+36, -11] No one's forcing them to diet, they're doing it because they want to be popular
6. [+35, -1] Yeah, I've noticed celebrities in real life, especially male celebrities, are shorter and thinner
7. [+30, -1] We first of all need to change the notion that weighing a lot means you're a pig. There's a big difference in 1 kg of muscle and 1 kg of fat. Anyone who's muscular and thin will weigh in the 50s kg range. I've seen someone barely weigh 50 kg but have no muscle and only fat and can't even do a sit up.
8. [+23, -0] Just take out stuff like weight, blood type, etc from their profiles. We're not doctors, why should we know that type of information????
9. [+23, -0] What's a bigger issue is the teens who follow these girl groups and their beauty standards. Girls are ruining their healths over these diets while boys think that girl groups are the norm when it comes to beauty standards. We should be encouraging healthy body images, not encouraging anorexia...
10. [+20, -0] Everyone's only talking about female idols but have you all ever seen a male idol in real life? When SHINee first debuted, I saw their 'Love Like Oxygen' stage in real life and I seriously thought they were chopsticks dancing on stage... They really need to feed these idols, especially when they're still in the growing stages. Taemin's legs shocked me.
11. [+20, -1] None of what we're saying is wrong but I don't think idols are the victims here either. They voluntarily ran into this line of work and want success. Everyone has to suffer for their jobs unless you come from a wealthy family. For idols, losing weight is a part of their job they have to suffer for.
12. [+19, -1] But dieting is all they really have to do. It's not like these kids got popular off of vocal talent or their musicality. They're only useful for taking their clothes off, dyeing their hair, and dancing on stage to music that was autotuned. Their bodies are all that they're worth so what else should they be focusing on? You don't seriously believe that these kids are actually singers, do you? If they're not singers, then their bodies are all they have going for them so what else should they be focusing on???