Article: YG's Black Pink unveiled... a listen at debut tracks 'Boombayah' and 'Whistle'
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+1,044, -197] The kids looked so nervous... but they're all so pretty and charming looking ㅋㅋㅋㅋ can't wait for the songs too! But why such a short showcase...
2. [+916, -258] Jennie is charming
3. [+244, -34] Doesn't seem like they'll go the 2NE1 route where all they focused on was talent. I think the members are diverse enough to gather up a fandom. I wonder what direction they'll take.
4. [+349, -73] The kids are a lot more babyish than I thought ㅋㅋㅋ Rose's voice surprised me
5. [+353, -81] They look great in real life~ long limbs, great bodies
6. [+946, -300] I like it, especially 'Whistle'. Yang CEO dragged them out for 5 years but they were not put to waste.
7. [+265, -73] Love the beat for 'Whistle'...
8. [+68, -9] You could see their hands shaking when they came out at the end to greet everyone ㅋㅋㅋ
Article: Yang Hyun Suk, "I didn't try to make Black Pink different from 2NE1"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+2,682, -262] YG had the best circumstances for 2NE1's debut. Big Bang was doing so well at the time and they could just sweep up Big Bang's fandom into 2NE1's with 'Lollipop'. They then media played about how the group was "talent over looks" to bring in the female fans.
2. [+2,235, -129] I guess even he admits that the group is similar to 2NE1
3. [+1,647, -78] Yeah, I can see the similarities. Even their songs have that 2NE1 feel.
4. [+535, -34] If YG's going to copy 2NE1's concept over, then there needs to be something that makes Black Pink stand out but their debut doesn't give the same shock that 2NE1's did. 2NE1's vocal skills and individuality stood out so much at the time.... if only YG took care of Minzy..
5. [+568, -47] Black Pink is basically YG throwing 2NE1 out and making another group with the same concept
6. [+682, -108] Not really liking their song... 2NE1's songs were way better
7. [+500, -51] You can tell they invested a lot in their music videos but their music is just flashy. 'Boombayah' is a club track, nothing more.
Article: Yang Hyun Suk describes the difference between Black Pink and 2NE1
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+4,810, -125] I hope YG realizes that Big Bang is only able to line up the charts because they're Big Bang and that rookie groups need to focus on getting a hit song above anything else right now
2. [+4,946, -272] I hope Yang Hyun Suk is reading the reactions and realizing 'Whistle' is the better song than 'Boombayah'
3. [+4,353, -236] Please don't push for both songs and just all in on 'Whistle'!! Please!!! If you had let iKON just promote 'My Type' as their main song, it could've been their hit song by now...
4. [+1,182, -23] Yang Hyun Suk is screwing up with his rookie groups. He's making Winner, iKON, and Black Pink follow Big Bang's formula when Big Bang had 10 years to perfect their formula from the top. A rookie needs to be a rookie and go on variety shows and whatnot. I feel so bad for Winner, really. YG should've pushed them more when they got huge with 'Empty' but now they're all up in the air...
5. [+779, -50] The 4 members are all charming but one thing that the group lacks is a lead vocal... all 4 of them have similar vocal tones. You need a member like Park Bom with a unique voice to grab a balance for the group.
Article: 2NE1 Park Bom shows surprise support on SNS "Black Pink fighting"
Source: Sports Donga via Nate
1. [+784, -41] Why doesn't she realize that staying quiet is helping them
2. [+641, -54] Her face is past the point of looking like a disgusting fake human being. She looks like some wax figure made out of flour now...
3. [+21, -1] Instead of supporting another group, how about you go and console Minzy whose career suffered because of you... how many years did she waste thanks to you...
4. [+21, -1] A druggie plastic surgery monster, what happened to you ㅠㅠ
5. [+20, -2] With your support, anything meant for success will suffer failure