Article: Mnet director Han Dong Chul under controversy for saying "'Produce 101' is healthy porn"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
In a magazine interview, he said, "The reason I produced a female version of 'Produce 101' first was because, and I don't know how to express this exactly, but I wanted to produce a healthy kind of porn for men. If you look at the cast, aren't they cute like your own little sister or niece. I wanted to create a porn for them in that kind of style. By producing the male version of the show, I want to also make a porn for women. Back then, they used to call Rain's performance stages porn for women. The male version of the show will be kind of like that in that it fulfills a certain type of fantasy for women."
1. [+516, -22] Wow, that's such a cheap way of expressing himself. How is this guy a director?
2. [+496, -21] This is the type of stuff that the MOGEF needs to get on
3. [+453, -15] So he basically admitted to turning the sexuality of women into a product ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+42, -3] This idiot... none of us jack off to "little sisters" or "nieces". The word porno itself cannot be 'healthy' in any context. What a hypocrite.
5. [+41, -3] This is on the level of sexual harassment ㅡㅡ wow
6. [+39, -1] Dude... even as a man, I can see that this is wrong ㅋㅋㅋ What he just said just turned all of the kids that were on his show into some cheap product.
7. [+32, -1] Daebak, he's a psycho. How can he turn all those girls into porno stars when the majority of them were minors too. Disgusting that he's even a director. Shouldn't he be fired?
8. [+31, -3] He turned 'Produce 101' into 'Porno Star'
9. [+30, -1] Psycho
10. [+23, -1] The kids worked so hard to achieve their dreams and yet this man claims to have produced the show to fulfill the fantasies of men. Disgusting.
Article: Reps of Han Dong Chul, "Inappropriate choice of words... we apologize"
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+775, -23] Some of the 'Produce 101' trainees were minors, this is ridiculous that he said something like this
2. [+720, -17] The girls were teens, some even junior high school students, and the fact that he said this just makes me wonder how he viewed those girls all this time
3. [+533, -19] Yeah, he looks like he grew up watching porn all his life
4. [+455, -3] For a PD to think something like this.. I wonder how he viewed the contestants all along...
5. [+424, -17] Mnet is just endlessly controversial...
6. [+94, -2] "If you look at the cast, aren't they cute like your own little sister or niece. I wanted to create a porn for them in that kind of style" Why should we think of porn while thinking of our little sisters or nieces...?
7. [+69, -1] He's a pig
8. [+54, -2] Disgusting... just fire him