Article: Lee Joon, "I don't think the actor disease is necessarily a bad thing, I am more cautious with taking variety appearances"
Source: Newsen via Nate
"I don't think the actor disease is necessarily bad. Doesn't it mean that an actor is completely captivated by his own career like it has become a disease? I consider it to mean that you're focused and taking your job seriously."
1. [+807, -47] It's called a disease for a reason... because it's bad
2. [+737, -29] Joon-ah... when we say someone has the actor disease, we don't mean what you're saying. We're talking about people who think acting is the best and look down on others because of it.
3. [+632, -90] You idiot, the reason you got popular in the first place was because of variety shows
4. [+61, -0] He doesn't seem to know what the meaning of actor disease means. Nothing wrong with his definition but there is something wrong with actors look down on other celebrities who aren't actors.
5. [+44, -3] He completely misinterpreted the meaning of the actor disease ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+41, -3] I don't think he knows what actor disease means
7. [+38, -4] His interview reads like he himself has the actor disease ㅋㅋㅋ with the way he's talking, you'd think that he's some super genius actor. He's not going on varieties anymore because it interferes with his acting? ㅋㅋ He doesn't even have a hit work under his name.. ㅋㅋ
8. [+32, -9] The reason Lee Joon avoids varieties is because of the overconsumption of his image. People get distracted by his variety image when they see him in dramas;; his former agency put him on so many variety shows that it's all he's ever asked about in his interviews;;
9. [+22, -9] He sounds like such a tryhard ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+17, -3] He should be more careful with what he says ㅋㅋㅋ when he wants to go on varieties later to promote his dramas and movies, no one's going to invite him if he talks like that
11. [+15, -7] Didn't you turn half of your group into unemployment because of your actor disease? He's the male Ahn Sohee
12. [+13, -2] He needs a lot more experience in the real world if he doesn't know what actor disease means... it's used to describe arrogant and haughty actors who look down on other career paths
1. [+917, -20] His definition is alright but the actual meaning of the actress disease is used to describe people who think they're all that and so much more special than everyone else
2. [+721, -21] Actor disease is used to describe people who switch career paths into acting and change their attitudes when they can't even act. We don't call actors who work hard at what they do as the actor disease... and if he doesn't want to go on varieties, that's his decision
3. [+513, -42] I like that he shows contrasting charms ㅋㅋ a cutie on varieties but 360 degree change when it comes to acting. The gap difference is his charm, shame that we can't see that anymore
4. [+391, -21] His acting in 'Kapdong' was great. It's fine that he's restricting himself from varieties but I'd rather he just work hard at every area~~~ I support his decision!
5. [+302, -22] He matches the psychopath type roles like in 'Kapdong'
6. [+73, -4] Actor disease is for people who can't even act but want the special treatment just because they're an actor. ㅋㅋ Of course it's not meant for people like Lee Joon who seem to work hard at what they do.
7. [+60, -5] He's cutting back on varieties because he likes acting better, I don't see that as a problem. He's shown potential as an actor and it's about the right time for him to focus on one area instead of losing out on both by trying to do everything.