Article: Hyuna performs at first event since 4minute's disbandment "Nervous... but it's a challenge"
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+485, -46] She gets a lot of hate for her singing but I honestly think she was born to be a celebrity when you see how much presence and command she has on stage. That's what people are talking about when they say star potential.
2. [+289, -25] Too bad her singing skills are so lacking
3. [+21, -15] She worked hard to try and keep the group afloat after being stuck with 4minute... just ignore the members who aren't grateful for you and soar high. Hyuna was the most talented and had the most potential out of 4minute anyway.
4. [+20, -3] I've always observed 4minute because I follow them on Instagram and the members looked so close... but I guess they were just acting like there wasn't discord.
5. [+15, -2] Honestly Hyuna as a solo has more stage command than with 4minute
6. [+12, -1] But speaking coldly, she really has no singing talent... She benefits a lot off of her performance and stage command skills as well as her sexy image and body.
7. [+11,- 1] She's really just a dancer, not a singer. She can't sing, how is she a singer? There are no amount of excuses you can come up with to defend that.
8. [+10, -4] Only in Korea can you have a singer with no singing talent like her release solos like this. Can't even sing live at a concert... look at all the UK or American singers, their live stages are legendary and their concerts are considered works of art. I like Hyuna but as a singer, she's just whatever... A lot of people put down Jiyoon for losing opportunities on 'Unpretty' without realizing that Hyuna doesn't even have enough talent to get invited to a show like that in the first place.
9. [+9, -2] Hyuna really has a certain charm to her on stage though... she gets a lot of flame for how provocative she looks but you have to admit that she has a gift for the stage. A lot of people could never perform with a force like her no matter how hard they tried.
10. [+6, -0] But will Hyuna be able to handle the pressure of being purely solo... because she only has downwards to go if she can't.