Article: Ha Yeon Soo swept in controversy for cocky manner of speech
Source: Asia Today via Nate
She uploaded a painting by Sigismund Righini on SNS and tagged his name. A fan left a comment asking if she could know the name of the painting, to which Ha Yeon Soo replied, "I tagged his name. And obviously the way to find out is to buy his work book or Googling it. I'm replying because it seems you don't want to put in the work of Googling it."
Netizens criticized her way of responding and defended the fan saying that just knowing the artist's name isn't enough to sometimes find the name of a specific piece of work.
1. [+291, -16] Don't act like you're so classy ㅋㅋㅋㅋ instead of going around taking pictures everyday, she should be studying instead. She's already showing early signs of the celebrity disease.
2. [+282, -11] She doesn't sound like she's being serious, just sounds like she's looking down on that person..
3. [+256, -11] She's probably wondering how to handle this now and if she should apologize or not. Even if she does, will people believe it's genuine? The cup of water has already been spilt, and she's had issues with her attitude for a while now.
4. [+53, -2] What a rotten person ㅋㅋ she looked so innocent on 'My Little TV', she seems like the type who judges others but can't stand to be judged herself ㅋㅋ
5. [+51, -2] She needs to chill... she sounds so aggressive when she responds
6. [+45, -4] She's the exhausting type of friend to be around
7. [+38, -0] The way she talks sounds like she thinks she's right and that's the only way she'll have it. "Obviously" the only way to find out is to buy his work book or Googling it... I understand it's annoying when people ask questions about something you already tagged but she had no reason to respond in that manner. Maybe they don't know what tags are?
8. [+36, -6] She doesn't look like it but she's a rotten person. This is why disrespectful people need to stay off of SNS ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+34, -0] She has no known work under her name, only a B-list celebrity for her resemblance to a turtle and she's already caught the celebrity disease? Judging from her speech, she's the type of person who gets under your skin to piss you off. The fan even asked her in a really respectful way and she replied like that ㅡㅡ she's a rotten person on the regular it seems.
10. [+27, -0] Did her parents not teach her any better...? It's words and actions like this that change how a person's perceived. And the fact that she put the post to private makes her seem pathetic.
11. [+26, -1] I personally hate people like her in real life, especially in the work force. Knowing more than someone else just simply means you've been exposed more to that information, it doesn't make you better than them. I liked her image, it's a shame that I don't care for her anymore after this... ㅋ
12. [+24, -1] She acts like such a know-it-all while publicly shaming that person ㅋㅋㅋ