Article: Girlfriend, "Our CEO and manager don't treat us any different after we got popular"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+613, -33] You guys should be forever good to your CEO. He's someone with crazy abilities. There are so many other groups who are prettier but still end up getting buried as nugus. Your CEO is a god for what he did with you guys. He could've gone into any business and been successful.
2. [+526, -20] Well if they gave you special treatment just for getting a little popular, you guys would get cocky. That's what they're being cautious of. There are already so many stars who've gone down that route.
3. [+412, -150] People keep calling Umji ugly but I like her the best
- Objectively, she is the ugliest though
- You're a girl, aren't you?
- I'm sitting in a cafe right now and she'd be the ugliest here still, and I'm speaking objectively
- Yeah, that's cause you're a girl
- What does you liking her have anything to do with her being ugly?
- This commenter admits they like her but still doesn't call her pretty ㅋㅋㅋ which is true, I guess, she's not a pretty face
- You look like Umji~ how's that?
- I remember SNSD's ugly female fans would defend Hyoyeon ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+31, -2] I don't think it's that Girlfriend as a group got popular, just their songs... I don't know any of the members other than that girl that forces her eye smiles
5. [+30, -7] Okay you guys aren't that big yet
6. [+30, -6] I only know Umji out of Girlfriend, you guys better stop putting her down
7. [+29, -6] Their faces... have that relatable quality to them, they don't look like celebrities at all. Maybe that's why no matter how popular they get, I don't really feel it when I see them.
8. [+25, -2] Why are their noses all the same...
9. [+24, -4] Your CEO just wants you to be humble~
10. [+19, -2] You guys think you're popular? ㅋ You're only popular if people who don't even care about your group know all your names ㅋ I don't know any of your names. Your songs are popular, not yourselves.
1. [+4,138, -143] Their CEO does seem like a good person though. He's nice to them regularly... and the girls say they like their CEO often on radio too. What more is needed? ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+2,407, -141] Heard they're having a grilled beef party tonight! Eat up and find strength so you don't get hurt in your promos
3. [+447, -34] I remember their CEO saying that Girlfriend got popular'because they got lucky' in his last interview. He could've hyped himself up but he didn't.
4. [+467, -51] Rare instance for a group like them to get popular. Their CEO really does seem like a nice person. Girl groups usually go the pattern of the visual member getting popular and then super overworked until the public starts recognizing the group for her more than the group. Source Music pushes all of the members equally though so Girlfriend is just Girlfriend as opposed to "so and so's group".
5. [+263, -18] I think it's right for the CEO or manager to treat them coldly since they can get cocky over the fame. I saw videos from their company and when they won #1 on 'Music Bank', their CEO was waiting before going up to congratulate the kids and tell them thank you.
6. [+140, -14] Yeah I'd rather their agency be cold to them about stuff like that. I don't want them getting all hyped and complacent with their work.