Article: "Like an uncle and his niece?" What's up with the age gaps in the lead characters lately?
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+867, -48] I really don't think a love line between Hyeri and Ji Sung match at all. I think it'd be better for the drama to scrap their love line.
2. [+581, -36] Korean actors in their thirties really have an aura to them, so handsome
3. [+366, -73] All of the male actors are so youthful looking that I don't think it matters ㅎㅎㅎ
4. [+46, -8] Ji Sung's so youthful looking that I thought he'd be able to cover for the gap but Hyeri looks too much like a junior high school student next to him
5. [+42, -9] I end up skipping on dramas with huge age gaps like this
6. [+37, -0] In 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho' Park Shin Yang is 49 and Kang Sora is 27.. that's a 22 year age gap ㅠㅠ
7. [+28, -2] The problem is that there aren't any 'top actors' so to speak in their twenties or early thirties. The age gap we're seeing now is a result of no actors filling Won Bin and Jang Dong Gun's place.
8. [+15, -4] The huge age gaps do distract from the overall drama though...
9. [+18, -5] Well we had a bunch of dramas before with aunties and nephews so I guess it goes back and forth
10. [+19, -3] I remember that drama with Yoona and Lee Bum Soo as a couple ㅜㅜ that was just going too far... whenever they had a couple shot together, I laughed because it looked so ridiculous..
1. [+7,638, -225] Lee Bum Soo and Yoona's age gap was the most shocking for me, SM had to have been out of their minds with that casting
2. [+7,084, -284] Yeah, these age gaps are going too far. UEE and Lee Seo Jin have a 17 year age gap, Yoona and Lee Bum Soo a 20 year age gap;;; it's so hard to focus on the drama
3. [+7,722, -535] Nevermind the age gap, look at the so-called 'leads'.. UEE, Hyeri, Minah, Jin Se Yeon...
4. [+1,389, -62] It is a bit gross... ㅋㅋ It's sad that people still think it's okay for men to look old but women must always look young and free of wrinkles. I find it off putting to watch when men are all wrinkly too you know..
5. [+1,043, -58] Yeah, the big age gaps make me feel dirty because it looks like an uncle with his niece
6. [+732, -17] Honestly there are a ton of talented and pretty actresses in their late twenties, early thirties. They're just never cast for anything. Even Kim Sarang and Han Go Eun who are in the older age tier barely have any work when they're so beautiful. "Not having enough actresses" isn't enough of an excuse, people just want to use idols for the headlines and can't find a male actor to match.
7. [+798, -40] You can tell at first glance that there's a huge age gap between the leads... it makes me lose interest.