Seventeen's Wonwoo apologizes for past comments about SNSD with a handwritten letter



Article: Seventeen Wonwoo, "I apologize for putting down SNSD in my past, I'm sorry to the fans and the members" [official statement]

Source: Sports Donga via Naver



1. [+599, -47] Hateful comments are a crime too... and an apology letter can't grant him full forgiveness but I think he made the best decision to apologize for both himself and his fans rather than burying it and hoping it'll go away. I hope that people don't demand that everyone forgives him just because he apologized.

2. [+484, -62] I honestly hope SNSD never finds out about this.... 2008 was such a difficult year for them, I'm so upset for them.

3. [+402, -39] As a Sone, I just don't want SNSD to find out about this...

4. [+376, -51] So why did all the crap Chanyeol said about SNSD never make headlines too? Did he apologize for them?

5. [+381, -53] Hateful comments are both a crime and murder... His fans better not call this apology 'cool' or clean or genuine... it just makes him look more pathetic and embarrassing.

6. [+190, -9] As a Seventeen fan, I realize he is wrong and I hope that other fans don't praise his apology as being good or cool. A true fan doesn't always mean defending your celebrity over every mistake.

7. [+138, -3] Sones have every right to be upset and mad. Seventeen fans have no right to be sitting here saying his apology was well written and that this should make it all okay. Shielding him over something like this will just ruin his image even more.

8. [+166, -17] Both he and his fans know that this apology does not grant him forgiveness... but I personally think an apology is better than nothing. I hope he realizes that this will follow him for the rest of his career and I hope he reflects and improves upon himself.

9. [+164, -18] There are some fans who are trying to claim that he was in elementary school and young so let's go easy on him but SNSD were minors in 2008 too

10. [+94, -1] Like the Naver stats reveal, there are more teens in this article which show that Seventeen has a lot of young fans in elementary and junior high school. It seems to be the reason why they think it's so easy to support him and tell him that it's okay but that kind of support just turns people off from Wonwoo even more. I hope others don't think that Seventeen fans are blindly supporting him. Many do realize that he is in the wrong and that apologizing was the best course of action.

-

Source: Pann

1. [+210, -11] Fortunate that he apologized right now... sorry to Sones

2. [+193, -101] Cool to see him admit to his wrongdoings immediately and apologize and reflect over it

3. [+156, -165] I'm not a fan but he seems like a nice person, someone who knows to apologize. He was in 6th grade, he was so young... didn't everyone leave a hateful comment at least once in their life at that age? He must've suffered a lot for his past mistake. Find strength to Seventeen and their fans.

4. [+89, -4] His apology sounds genuine

5. [+85, -2] I'm sure he forgot all about this part of his past considering it happened when he was a 6th grader in elementary school and the scandal didn't come up right after his debut but at the peak of their rising popularity. He probably regrets it a lot. I'm just glad he didn't make up a bunch of excuses in his apology letter. Be careful with your actions in the future...

6. [+72, -2] I think it was good of him to apologize right away

7. [+70, -0] Fans, please refrain from showing your support like "I love you, good job"... He is in the wrong and he is reflecting over it, blindly supporting him will only cause misunderstandings in the eyes of others. Go to your fancafe if you want to tell him you love him.

8. [+66, -2] I was angry at first over his immature actions as a child but seeing how apologetic he is, I can't be much angrier. I hope he reflects, I'm sure this is hard on him too.

9. [+65, -1] He really does seem regretful and like he's reflecting over it

10. [+48, -0] I didn't see it in the media so as a Sone I doubted that we'd even get an apology... and I can see that it's genuine. I hope that people don't use SNSD as a tool to put down Seventeen in the future.

-

Source: Nate

1. [+252, -22] He, too, shall pass ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+246, -41] Some nugu's noise marketing tsk tsk

3. [+222, -20] I bet the Soshi kids don't even care about this guy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+46, -9] What's the big deal? ㅋㅋㅋ Even labelmate Chanyeol had posts in his past putting down SNSD ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+46, -6] Wow, I looked up what all the fuss was about and he was a total anti... For someone as normal looking as him, it's surprising to find out that he used to be an SNSD anti. I usually think hateful commenters are ugly losers...

6. [+40, -4] I thought the article was just talking about a little kid messing around on the internet but he was a real SNSD anti ㅋㅋ even his own friends told him to stop posting crap and yet he still went around photoshopping their pictures with circles around their features..

7. [+35, -10] Honestly there are a lot of people like him in the comments ㅋㅋ people who look and act normal in real life but leave hate on the internet ㅋㅋ

8. [+32, -6] I wondered how bad it was that it warranted an apology and yeah, it's pretty bad... I think in 6th grade you're at least able to tell right from wrong at that age, so it's quite scary all that he said...

9. [+29, -5] None of EXO's scandals saw the light because they hid behind SM. Even Chanyeol talked crap about SNSD's face ㅋㅋㅋ At least this guy wrote a handwritten apology

10. [+21, -3] I took a look at his comments and they're lawsuit worthy... amazing how someone who used to provide anti content is now a celebrity... the irony...

-