Article: 'Weekly Idol' Park Jin Young, "The reason I eliminated Somi from Twice? Because she felt out of place"
Source: Mydaily via Naver
1. [+2,307, -46] Somi did look a bit too young for the group~ but she's #1 now so fighting!
2. [+1,761, -53] Somi's true worth shined in 'Produce 101', congrats on her debut~
3. [+322, -11] It's probably a combination of a lot of things that caused Somi to be eliminated. There are others like Momo who need to debut now or never at their age so they had to consider that too.
4. [+256, -17] It is true though.. If Somi was the same age as Chaeyoung or Tzuyu, she 100% would've made it in
5. [+190, -4] There were other unnis who needed this debut more than her considering their age ㅋㅋㅋ Somi's grown a lot in a year though
1. [+702, -14] It's not that Somi was bad, it's just that she didn't fit the general picture that JYP had for the group
2. [+582, -20] Defconn looked like a total Somi fan ㅋㅋㅋ He looked so pissed with Somi being eliminated ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+554, -41] I didn't find Somi a good fit for Twice either. But who knows, Somi might end up being the next artist that keeps JYP afloat..
4. [+50, -3] I actually think Somi ended up better with doing 'Produce 101' because her name's a lot more known than the other Twice members. She'll be fine as long as she goes back to JYP and gets to debut under a decent group again...
5. [+42, -4] As an avid fan of 'Sixteen', I admit Somi didn't fit with the group. She was talented but her age wasn't a good fit and she looked more fit for a school talent show at the time. She matches the 'Produce 101' trainees a lot better. I'm sure we'll be seeing her in a new JYP group in about 2-3 years after a few solo activities.
Article: 'Weekly Idol' Park Jin Young, "I didn't know Hani was a JYP trainee... I was surprised when I saw her fancam"
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+218, -28] Seems it's the lower ranking JYP staff who are the issue... first they let IU go, then Hani... so many gem-like members in other groups who used to be JYP trainees.
2. [+131, -4] Well obviously the CEO isn't in charge of managing all of the trainees
3. [+116, -1] I doubt the CEO has time to manage each and every trainee, it's not like JYP's some tiny company. They probably even have a separate training facility. Park Jin Young probably only knows the really older trainees, and barely if at that.