Article: What does the girl group 7 year jinx mean?
Source: Herald Econ via Naver
1. [+1,309, -53] A singer's career is dependent on their song. Without songs, you're bound to be forgotten.
2. [+1,251, -89] But the girl group songs released between 2007~2010 are better than the current songs..
3. [+790, -45] 4minute's the only group left and their contracts are expiring soon, I wonder what's going to happen
4. [+717, -40] The idol industry in general is a short-lived business. You can only milk them for so many years before people move on. Idols get more attention for their looks than their talent so what happens when enough years pass and people are tired of it?
5. [+550, -7] You need a strong fandom to last a long time
6. [+300, -32] Reality is that SM still hasn't come out with a girl group that can overtake SNSD
7. [+205, -14] There's no girl group right now that has the impact that the older girl groups used to have. WG's Tell Me, SNSD's Gee, KARA's Mister, 2NE1's I Don't Care... they were all songs that everyone in the public knew. The second generation was the best.
8. [+171, -5] I remember a few years ago people called it the 5 year jinx, now it's the 7 year jinx ㅋㅋ
9. [+171, -6] When girl groups were all the rage, music programs had high viewer ratings.. nowadays no one even watches the shows or cares
10. [+150, -7] Not many groups like Big Bang or SNSD that can still maintain their popularity after dating scandals and all...