Article: Will SM's unfamiliar NCT concept be successful?
Source: OSEN via Naver
1. [+3,192, -84] But shouldn't they really take that scammer out of the group? It's not fair to blame it on him being young and immature considering the things he said to the victims
2. [+2,160, -45] It seems that they do have some popularity despite not having debuted yet but it'll all up to be how big they can get their fandom... and the public isn't fond of them already because of that scammer being in the group..
3. [+1,973, -56] ... I wonder if there really are SM otakus who will even stan this group
4. [+1,158, -39] The planning of it all seems okay but they need some members who can promote solo. It's SM so they'll be successful as long as they have at least 5 members who can fulfill that role.
5. [+262, -6] Guys, don't leave hateful comments about that scammer. He'll private message you and threaten to beat you up in real life;;
6. [+261, -7] I like the group but... Taeyong.. not him. He's under SM so it's only a matter of time before he gets popular but it makes me upset to think that elementary/junior high school kids are going to be stanning him just because he's handsome despite having a history of crime and all.
7. [+289, -17] It does feel like SM's trying to start a new generation of change though...
8. [+213, -1] This group is going to foster a new generation of personal fandoms. The members have to compete with one another in the same group and I know that fans are going to still support the member that gets swapped out.
9. [+179, -3] This is really our only chance to talk crap about that scammer because once the group gets popular later, you're going to have to deal with stupid fangirls shielding the crap out of him the minute you say anything about him.. sigh.
10. [+184, -7] The fandom will be riddled with akgaes. That's what happens when you treat idols like instant products you can stick in and take out and swap around. The company will make money and this type of group will be fine for people who support individual members but for people who are into group chemistry and stuff, I don't think they'll appeal to them.
11. [+117, -0] I already see idiots on Facebook shielding Taeyong saying the past is just the past ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's already got infinite shields lined up for him once he debuts
12. [+82, -0] I'm already imagining the fans shielding Taeyong later when he gets popular saying, "Stop bringing up the past", "Why are you bringing up the past"... ridiculous