Article: Big Bang TOP under controversy for throwing away cigarette butt in front of Chinese fans
Source: YTN via Nate
1. [+203, -10] Puts me off........
2. [+195, -18] It's habits like these that show you what type of person they really are. What was the finger heart for, just a big screw you?
3. [+170, -10] Had a female idol done this, there would've been petitions to exile her off of TV forever but of course this doesn't even get in the search rankings ㅋㅋ and Naver doesn't have one article regarding TOP anywhere right now ㅋㅋ
4. [+35, -12] You're a public figure, please start acting like one. The way they're acting gets more and more ridiculous by the day.
5. [+20, -1] So when's he serving in the army?
6. [+19, -3] Idiot
7. [+17, -3] China doesn't have penalty fees for this stuff?
8. [+14, -2] Embarrassment to the country. A singer caught smoking? How unprofessional.
9. [+10, -1] Proof that he's an idiot
10. [+8, -0] Honestly what is wrong with all of the ba$tards under YG? They need to start hiring teachers to teach these kids morals and stuff. I look at their scandals and sometimes wonder if being a dirty person is a requirement to get in that company.
1. [+102, -10] Wow, is he crazy? How can you act like that as a celebrity
2. [+97, -5] The word idol itself means that people look up to you... someone who calls themselves an idol should not be acting like that in front of them
3. [+89, -18] For all the VIPs who are in denial about it being him http://ent.v.sina.cn/show/dlOY1m4vPhwak84XA0Y8IQ__.htm It's definitely TOP. And it's not like he was ever a respectful person in the past anyway. Wore the imperial flag, received an award at an award ceremony with his hands in his pockets, threatened to commit suicide over Shin Min Ah..
4. [+42, -6] Look at the trash VIP trying to shield this...
5. [+38, -3] Wait, he still acted like that even with fans right there?
6. [+32, -10] Such a mess the more you see them act like this. How lucky of them to still have fans shielding you no matter what crimes you commit ㅋㅋㅋ they even call them 'God Bang' ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+21, -7] His character is about as dirty as G-Dragon, he was never known for being respectful ㅋㅋㅋ he was at an award ceremony with his hands stuck in his pockets ㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+18, -0] Don't most smokers have an ash tray in their car? I hate guys who act like this, not just TOP ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+16, -0] I'm a VIP. This is TOP's fault a hundred times over. Please refrain from attacking him as a human being but we will take any constructive criticism as deserved.
10. [+13, -6] He not morally sound of a person either, I'm glad I left the fandom. I'll never understand why I was a fan for six years. So ridiculous when I saw him with his hands in his pockets at an award ceremony.
Article: Big Bang TOP responds to cigarette controversy, "I'm honestly embarrassed and sorry"
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+494, -57] Another day, another Big Bang member acting like they don't have brains or any sense of respect. What's new? He's also the member who wore the imperial flag on his shirt and acted like nothing was wrong, tsk tsk.
2. [+460, -49] He's a guy who received his award with his hands in his pocket, what do you expect?
3. [+393, -39] He didn't even clarify this himself, he had someone say it for him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+40, -3] It's just who he is showing up in his habits like this. If he was able to still act like that in front of his fans, it must be habitual for him.
5. [+39, -3] I still remember him spamming pictures of pigs all over his Instagram on the day of Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin's dating scandal. I was horrified seeing that... close ups of a pig's butthole. His fans called it his concept or whatever, what a dumb excuse. I started seeing him in a different light after that.
6. [+39, -5] Screw off, TOP
7. [+38, -4] So he didn't want to throw it away in another person's car's ash tray? Then why'd you even start smoking in there? But oh yeah, this is YG we're talking about~
8. [+29, -5] Aigoo, all that's left is Taeyang... Big Bang's done for once Taeyang starts causing scandals
9. [+21, -1] I doubt he would've even apologized if this had happened in Korea... but since it's China where all the money is, he has to apologize, even if it's through a friend..
10. [+19, -1] If he's embarrassed and sorry about it, why'd he act like that in the first place?
1. [+964, -106] Definitely YG... he wouldn't be under YG if he as a good person
2. [+798, -79] Just his true colors showing
3. [+550, -19] Don't shield him by saying it was another country and that the rules are different there. What's wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter what country you're in.
4. [+176, -12] Yang CEO, you really need to manage your kids... they're all taking turns causing scandals..
5. [+173, -17] What is honestly wrong with this group? Are they just a group full of psychos? All they get into are scandals every day. Plagiarism, drunk driving accidents, now this?
6. [+143, -13] TOP, what a disappointment
7. [+97, -5] If he was careful because he was in another person's car, why did he bother smoking in the first place ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+89, -5] Big Bang, what a fitting name... the members just go around causing bangs with all their scandals. Taeyang, the last hope is you...