Pann: Girlfriend's Umji covering her entire face with her hair
"This performance was on March 29, 2016 and you can see that before the stage even starts, she looks scared to face the crowd and is unable to look up at them. She touches her hair like she's nervous and then turns straight around as soon as Shinbi says the song's about to begin. Throughout the entire stage, she avoids looking ahead and you can see compared to the other members that she lets her hair cover her face moreso than normal because she keeps her head down.
This is compared to her performance on January 1st, 2016 right at the start of their comeback. She looks straight at the crowd and doesn't let her hair cover her face because she's keeping her head up."
1. [+188, -128] It's really sad that the hateful comments are affecting her self esteem but regardless, I don't think it's right of her to make it so obvious on stage like this
2. [+172, -153] What celebrity doesn't get hateful comments? Did she not pick this career knowing that it was something she would have to deal with?
3. [+163, -123] Looking confident is one of the main skills as a singer, what's wrong with her? Other female idols get called ugly all the time even when they're pretty but Umji acts like she's the only one who has to deal with that...
4. [+68, -17] Making it look this obvious on stage just means she has no professional mentality... Red Velvet gets called fat, Twice's Jihyo and Lovelyz get called ugly but have they ever made it obvious on stage? That's disrespectful to the fans who are there to see them. The least she could do is look happy on stage for them.
5. [+54, -14] Isn't this something that's her problem? Looks like she's trying to gain sympathy... she's a public figure who needs to look happy for the cameras no matter how hard it really is for her.
6. [+52, -8] Excuse me kids but the problem here is that she's getting hateful comments in the first place, why should she have to put up with them at all?
7. [+49, -11] One of the main traits of being a celebrity is having a shameless mind
8. [+42, -6] I'm not saying Umji's right by acting like this but it gives me goosebumps reading comments talking as if getting hate as a celebrity is normal;
9. [+38, -9] Shouldn't the haters be blamed for this? Why are the best replies blaming her?
10. [+38, -19] No but really, how did she become a girl group?
11. [+36, -8] If another female idol had done this, people would've accused her of being lazy and having attitude problems on stage so why does Umji get shielded with sympathy??.. Umji's not the only one who gets hate.
12. [+21, -3] I don't think anyone who's ever left a hateful comment about her deserves to say anything about "professional mentality"