Article: Lee Hi, "The cons of being in YG? The long hiatus made me resentful but..."
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+688, -136] Lee Hi's biggest con is that she's good at nothing except for singing. Zero variety skills, zero talking skills, 10% visuals... that's why TV shows don't cast her and events don't invite her. I feel bad about it.
2. [+512, -25] YG is just.... so bad at producing songs. Big Bang has at least G-Dragon producing songs for them but for the other groups... 2NE1 has turned into pictorial models.. never get any songs and are always attending events and putting up pictures on SNS instead. Not sure what YG's doing.. being extra careful or extra cheap?
3. [+443, -88] Whoa her voice, such an amazing vocal color though
4. [+52, -6] Seeing as how AkMu isn't getting any albums either.. I don't think it's that YG doesn't have songs fit for their artists but rather they just choose to throw their artists out once they milk all the media attention on them. They sing all these praises about them and get the in the headlines and use that to sell a digital song and then throw them away afterwards.
5. [+42, -14] I honestly thought her clothes were being wasted on her... She'd be so pretty with weight loss, why didn't she exercise during her long hiatus? Her staff dolled her up so pretty with make up and clothes but her body just... I keep watching her music video and her stages thinking she'd look nicer if she lost weight, it's a shame
6. [+41, -4] I'm sorry to say this but Lee Hi's image has already been consumed so much by the media play that I don't think YG sees any more worth in her anymore. This is an album that took such a long time to come out but none of YG's major production team like Teddy participated in it at all. They just passed it to Tablo's label. After this album's promos are over, she'll have to wait another couple years to release another one. Hi needs to make the right choice... and start wondering if it's better to join another major agency that lets her do what she wants instead of waiting around in YG forever.
7. [+38, -4] Think about Park Jimin... and be grateful ㅋㅋ
8. [+25, -9] What is up with that first comment? All a singer needs to do is sing, what more is needed? Varieties are just extra gigs for earning money on the side and is good for those who have the skills for it and not a problem for those who don't.
9. [+23, -2] She's an example of why you shouldn't only vote based off of skills on audition programs. You can see what happened with all the kids who debuted off of those audition shows... Even viewers will put down anyone who whines about star potential and all that stuff saying it's important to focus only on the talent but it's the kids with star potential who end up having better careers. There's a reason why judges eliminate really talented kids, they just don't have that something special.
10. [+21, -3] Seems like it's difficult to get an album out of YG unless you can produce for yourself like Big Bang, Psy, Tablo, Hyukoh, and AkMu
Article: Lee Hi, "My secret to becoming prettier? Probably because I matured into an adult"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+763, -26] Because you became an adult? No, because you got plastic surgery
2. [+673, -24] Not because you grew up but because of plastic surgery
3. [+531, -19] Ayy come on, you fixed a few things...
4. [+41, -3] I'll take the bullets for you all. Nose. Square jaw.
5. [+39, -1] You mean you became an adult who can get plastic surgery without permission....?
6. [+38, -2] Can celebrities please just be honest for once. Yeah, I clipped my eyes. Yeah, I got my nose bridge raised. Stop trying to pass it off as weight loss, it turns me off from you or just don't say anything at all too..
7. [+26, -2] Just say it, it's your nose
8. [+23, -0] Can we be honest for once
9. [+23, -3] Nowadays being honest is the best... why lie about something so obvious?
10. [+17, -0] I wonder what she was thinking while saying that ㅋㅋ
Article: Lee Hi, "I wanted to show my maturity in my music, not my cuteness"
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+1,047, -102] But you're both cute and musically talented already
2. [+755, -71] I like 'World Tour' and 'Official' the best! If only 'World Tour' was the title track, the promo would be going much better, what a shame ㅠㅠ
3. [+640, -71] I can tell that her voice sounds a lot more modernized in this album... melts my ears
4. [+474, -50] Hi-ya, fighting!! Thank you for coming back with more great music!!
5. [+411, -54] Really enjoying this album~~ ㅎㅎ
6. [+92, -13] Lee Hi's voice is definitely unique and charming but... I honestly don't know what her musical identity is anymore. She's still young so... I think she should focus on becoming a singer who knows what type of music her style is and showing that color..
7. [+33, -3] Is Lee Hi's voice in bad condition? Her live singing sounds quite stuffy lately like it's not reaching its max potential. 'Sigh' is completely reliant on her voice so you can hear all of the little things like that. It's not that she's bad but her voice doesn't seem to be in the best condition.
8. [+32, -4] Maturity is something that comes with age... let's just focus on what you're good at and what fits your image until then.
9. [+60, -14] Lee Hi's charm as a vocalist is her low tone voice, she should've gone with 'World Tour' or 'Official' as her title track!! 'Sigh' isn't bad but it honestly sounds so much like an SM song and Lee Hi doesn't match those types of high notes yet....