Article: Red Line director, "We're proud of Kim So Hye, we're upset about the controversy about bias"
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+3,355, -241] Kim So Hye and the JellyFish kids get way too much support from CJ. They always make Kim So Hye look like she's bad at something only to improve on it later and JellyFish gets all the screentime.
2. [+2,962, -186] It is bias, she's been getting screentime since the first episode ㅋㅋㅋ if the other trainees got as much screentime as she did, they'd have tons of more fans too. So Hye-ya, just stick to acting~
3. [+2,432, -243] There's an issue when her rank is so high compared to her actual skills. She still looks like a nice kid though.
4. [+1,330, -45] I bet the trainees who are put in the same group as her will just end up as trainers later on, nothing more or less
5. [+1,172, -52] I get that she's working hard but there are other trainees who are on this show with their lives on the line. There is not one of them who is purely on this show for experience like Kim So Hye. If she has any shame at all, she needs to quit and go work on her acting career. Then I can support her.
6. [+465, -17] Director, are you dumb? It's so clear that your agency is trying to get this untalented kid on the show to get picked as an idol just to get her name out there... this is all due to your greed, who else can you blame? This is a result of your greed.
Article: 'Produce 101' producers respond to Kim So Hye controversy, "We did not intervene at all"
Source: Star News via Daum
1. [+407, -14] You intervened the moment you decided to give her more screentime than everyone else
2. [+322, -9] So Hye has always had more screentime since the first episode. Do they not realize that the more your name flashes on screen, the more viewers will recognize them? This is the producers intervening. I see a few trainees who are talented and deserving of becoming idols and it's unfortunate that they will never be given the opportunity because of the biased editing.
3. [+168, -4] First of all, just because the trainees get into the top 11 doesn't guarantee that they'll get to debut once they go back to their agencies and even if they do debut, why would any other broadcast channel want to promote an idol who earned fame through another broadcast channel? Their success isn't assured... this show is just making everyone suffer.
4. [+114, -5] I thought it was a Kim So Hye documentary. She's so bad but she gets all this screentime... give some other kids that time!
5. [+100, -8] Is Mnet joking? Do they not realize that the show has turned into 'My Daughter Kim So Hye' and 'Kim So Hye and the 100 Extra Trainees'? It's clear that her debut has been confirmed since the start along with all of the JellyFish kids because of their merger with CJ. That's why Kim Se Jung is called 'God Se Jung' and Kang Mina randomly gets to win #1 in dance. It's sad for the viewers who don't see all of this going on and the other trainees.