Article: Joo Sang Wook reps, "Cha Ye Ryun owns the same jumper, it isn't the same fan gift" [official statement]
Source: Sports Chosun via Naver
1. [+1,390, -22] The two can take a proof picture of themselves wearing the two jumpers then and put an end to this controversy once and for all!!! It's a limited edition so I'm sure it was hard to get..... ㅎ
2. [+1,154, -43] Please don't kid us. Why would a woman wear a size that big? Just be honest and admit that your girlfriend was cold so you let her borrow your jacket. And why would you even accept such an expensive gift from fans you know who are less fortunate than you?
3. [+944, -35] It sounds like he did give it to her though
4. [+872, -32] He gave it to her though...
5. [+899, -42] The fact that a celebrity of his status even asked his fans to exchange the size makes him seem so much less cool ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+439, -16] Hearing that he tried to get the size exchanged for her makes me lose respect for him. It's a gift, just say thank you and be grateful for it. Who cares if a jumper's too big on you, it's just a jacket but he made his fan go all the way and exchange it again...
7. [+402, -6] If what he's claiming is true, he needs to put up a proof picture of them both wearing it because fans are claiming that he even asked for a size exchange when it's a limited edition that's hard to find already
8. [+405, -14] Pathetic of him to ask for a size exchange ㅋㅋ
9. [+358, -4] I don't care that he gave it to her... but the fact that he asked his fans for a size exchange.... and they're still paying off the credit for it too
10. [+340, -9] What a coincidence that she has the same one when it's actually a limited edition ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+301, -69] Fans already gifted it to him, it's out of their hands now. The item belongs to Joo Sang Wook and no one but him has control over what happens to it. Even if it's a fan gift, why let it sit around and be wasted if it can be worn by someone who needs it?
2. [+283, -45] The way presents work is that it's no longer yours when you give it away. Caring what happens to it after you've given it away is an obsession. You have to let it go, that's what the point of a present is... unless of course you gave it to them for other intentions, which in that case would be a bribe. A present should come from your heart, not to expect something in return...
3. [+161, -38] Fans are being a bit petty with this. The celebrity didn't throw it away but rather gave it to someone else to keep them from being cold. I'd be satisfied with that...
4. [+29, -7] Why are people being so lenient? What if you gave someone a present and they gave it away to someone else, wouldn't you be pissed? I think you should definitely get permission from whoever gave you the present if you decide you want to give it away to someone else.
5. [+18, -3] Stupid fans, don't give gifts if you're going to cause all this fuss about it