Article: 'Cheese' Park Hae Jin, "My scenes that were cut... I want to ask the producer why"
Source: OSEN via Naver
Q. How do you honestly feel right now?
I starred in a drama based off of the webtoon 'Cheese in the Trap', but as of right now, I'm not sure what drama I'm in anymore.
Q. Were you hated for anything on set?
Not really. There was no bias on set as far as I'm concerned.
Q. There's a lot of talk about the screentime. Yoo Jung is basically gone from the drama.
I noticed that Yoo Jung does't appear much in the broadcast either. I want to ask why. It's not only my scenes but so many other scenes like scenes of Yoo Jung and his father that offered more explanation that were all scrapped. They edited out things we had already recorded. So I'd like to ask the producer myself, why did she do that?
Q. I heard that the script was changed on set a lot.
There's a lot of editing going on on set. There was basically no point to the script being pre-written because so much of it was edited as we went along. I heard that it was the PD's style.
Q. Are you satisfied with the drama that's being broadcast right now?
I'd be lying if I said was 100% satisfied. The reason I chose to star in this drama at all at a time when the director, scriptwriter, or anything was decided was because I trusted in the original work of the webtoon. As of now, I trust nothing anymore.
1. [+1,914, -37] He normally seems like the type who wouldn't say things explicitly like this but because so many others are voicing their concerns, it looks like he's being more honest... Looks like the producer felt it was more necessary to include scenes of Baek Inho playing the piano than Yoo Jung's lines. Over four piano scenes in one episode ㅋㅋ
2. [+1,666, -23] The PD needs to give an explanation if she shot scenes and scrapped them
3. [+1,600, -29] Isn't there a huge problem if a leading cast member is saying something like this? And he sounds like he's holding himself back too. Maybe the webtoon was just not meant to be crunched into a 16 episode drama...
4. [+160, -3] The producer is Seo Kang Joon-ssi's fan for sure
5. [+156, -1] For someone as nice as he is to talk like this, it really must be bad
6. [+135, -0] As someone who's never read the webtoon, I guess there was a reason why I never understood Yoo Jung's character
7. [+109, -0] Despite all this controversy, the producer hasn't issued an apology or an explanation... does she not care about staying in this industry??
8. [+104, -1] I've never seen a celebrity be this honest in an interview before... Either way, I hope the drama comes to a peaceful end ㅠㅠ
9. [+102, -3] I understand why he'd be upset... and I'm glad he's being up front and honest about it.
10. [+93, -0] The fact that the producer edited a lot of the script on set just proves that she ignored the big picture of the drama and just went with whatever she was feeling like at the time..