Article: Eddy Kim's new track 'Paldang Dam' banned from MBC because dam = damn?
Source: Star News via Naver
MBC "Eddy Kim uses the word 'dam' ambiguously in the song 'Paldang Dam'. In the context of the lyrics, he actually uses it to mean the swear word 'damn', which is why we decided it was unfit for broadcast."
1. [+937, -19] Guess this proves Mystic has no relationship with MBC
2. [+581, -11] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is ridiculous
3. [+407, -8] The reasons get funnier and funnier ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+494, -48] No one would ever think of 'dam' as the English word 'damn' ㅡㅡ
5. [+59, -0] Even if he did intend it to be used as 'damn', it's not even a swear, more like saying 'darn it!'
6. [+60, -2] MBC is always strict when it comes to the most useless stuff ㅋㅋ
7. [+52, -2] So music videos of female idols dancing in sexual moves wearing skirts as small as the palm of your hand are okay but 'dam' is not... okay... speechless
8. [+36, -1] What a useless reason ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it actually sounds like a witty lyric too ㅋㅋㅋ I've liked Eddy Kim since his 'Superstar K' days