Instiz: Twice's Nayeon updates with an apology post
"Hello, this is Nayeon. First of all, I'd like to apologize regarding the Instagram post I uploaded earlier... I was too careless. I'm sorry for concerning so many people and will work to make sure that this never happens again and that I only use official digital music distribution services. I will always be careful with everything that I do. I'm sorry."
"I'm shocked that people are calling her pretty and nice just because she responded fast to the issue. That doesn't make the fact that she downloaded music illegally go away. Does writing a clean apology post change that?"
"How do people know it was downloaded illegally?"
- It says SoundCloud in her initial post.
"Clean apology, she made no excuses for herself."
"At least she responded quickly..."
"Just because she apologized doesn't change the fact that she did something illegal. I'm glad she gave feedback but I'm still disappointed in her and she should apologize to Taeyeon directly."
"She responded fast but... does that mean she's been listening to an illegal download this whole time?"
"Why doesn't she apologize to Taeyeon instead?"
"She should've included an apology to Taeyeon too. If she uses official digital music sites, why did she download Taeyeon's song through Soundcloud... I'm glad she gave feedback but it still upsets me ㅠㅠ"
"I'm actually amazed that she has no concept of how digital songs work especially when her own song 'Like Ooh-Ahh' is known for climbing back up the charts..."
"Aigoo.. a singer downloading illegal music ㅠㅠ"
"Shouldn't she be apologizing to Taeyeon..."
"She didn't make up excuses and cleanly admitted to her mistake"
"A bit shocking that a singer streamed a song illegally ㅠㅠ I listen to Twice often myself but the fact that an actual singer did something illegal like that ㅠㅠㅠ don't do it next time"
"I don't think it's fair to let it slide just because she gave feedback. It doesn't cover for her mistake. The disappointment is still there."
"Wow, that's shocking. Even if she apologized, she's a singer, she should know better..."
"If she's a singer, she should know just how much work is put into the production of one song so for a singer to download illegally is shocking."
"She is in the wrong but I don't think apologizing to Taeyeon is necessary, puts her in an awkward spot. Taeyeon isn't even saying anything about it."
1. [+110, -15] A singer is streaming an illegally uploaded song ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+106, -6] Don't shield this, even if she didn't download it, she still streamed a song that was uploaded illegally
3. [+102, -5] More accurately speaking, the person who uploaded the song is the one committing the illegal act, although she's in the wrong for listening to that illegal song too
4. [+55, -2] I'm a fan, and this is her fault. Especially considering she's a singer, it is her fault and I have no intention of shielding her. However, she deleted the offending post and apologized immediately. I actually like her more for that, for not hiding behind her agency and for apologizing bravely like that.
5. [+35, -31] You all do the same thing, why so hypocritical to idols!!!!
6. [+33, -4] If this is illegal, then does listening to songs on YouTube count as illegal too?
7. [+25, -3] Whether you listen to illegal streams or download illegal songs is up to you but do that privately. Why upload that to SNS and prove it? That's thoughtless.
8. [+24, -3] She didn't download it, she streamed it... which is still problematic
9. [+17, -1] She was really fast with the apology
10. [+15, -0] I hope Nayeon's more careful after this ㅠㅠ Sorry to Taeyeon and Taeyeon fans!