How school bullying 'shuttles' have changed


Article: Bullying gets clever... the transformation of 'bread shuttles'

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

'Bread shuttles' has long been a common form of bullying in Korea and this article talks about how the bullying has expanded to include other types of 'shuttles'. Bread shuttles were originally what the victims were called because the iljins would bully them by forcing them to buy them pastries at a convenience store outside of the school during short breaks. The victims would essentially have to sprint, sacrificing both their break time and their money for the amusement of iljins.


Confession shuttle: For iljins who are daring enough to commit violence but not enough to confess their feelings, iljins will make a 'confession shuttle' do the work for him. 


Pikachu shuttle: The victim is used as a 'pikachu' of the iljin and forced to fight in his place. Iljins will have 'pokemon' battles with one another using shuttles to fight for them.


Wifi shuttle: To save on smartphone expenses, iljins will force shuttles to use their phones as hot spots to provide them with free wifi.


Sandbag shuttle: If an iljin is having a bad day or has been yelled at by the teacher, he'll take it out on a sandbag shuttle whose job is to stand there while the iljin takes his anger out on him. This is one of the more severe forms of bullying due to its physical nature.


Laughter shuttle: If an iljin who is feeling sad or depressed tells his shuttle to make him laugh, he must at all costs make him laugh or risk being beat up. 


Pay shuttle: Shuttles must provide iljins with an amount of money on schedule or risk being beat up.

-

1. [+910, -55] When I was in high school, I had someone who tortured me, took my money, and stole my shoes a day after I got new ones. I lost contact with him when I got to college until one day I went to a sauna with a friend and he told me that the kid who bullied me died in a car accident. After hearing that, I laughed like this on the inside ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅋㅋㅋ I can laugh, right? He deserved to die......

2. [+758, -20] A confession shuttle? ㅋㅋㅋ Too pathetic to even confess his feelings for a girl, how does a pathetic guy like that get his own shuttle ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+564, -27] I remember in my third year of junior high, I transferred to a new school and got into a fight with one of those losers who basically play slave to the iljins while bullying those below him, and lost. They kept bullying me after that so we got into more fights, which I kept losing. I got so mad one day that I hit his head with a rock and got suspended for a week on top of having to pay his hospital fees. I was really sorry to my parents because I wasn't a good student either but now that I think about it, I don't regret what I did at all. Sometimes beating them back is the only answer.

4. [+58, -1] Iljins... they're no iljins, just idiots. They whimper when they're alone and only roar when they're together in groups. They're like hyenas.

5. [+48, -3] One day those shuttles are going to lose it and stick a knife right back into them

6. [+44, -1] I'm so shocked over the pikachu shuttles... I can't imagine how torturous it must be for those shuttles to live day to day like this

7. [+38, -5] When I was in school, there was an iljin who even acted up against teachers but he got good grades so the school kept telling the teachers to let him go. Nowadays, even iljins study hard and get good grades so there's not much schools can do if they want to keep their honor.

8. [+33, -0] To all the shuttles who got home after being bullied today, I want to suggest that you get some bravery and fight back for once. Just beat them as hard as you can and change your life around.

9. [+21, -0] I was in junior high in 2003 and there was this ba$tard who tried to stick a knife in me by having his two sidekicks hold my arms back. Fortunately I was able to push one of the guys in front of me and only got my side cut a bit. I found out two years later that the idiot died in a motorcycle accident ㅋㅋ I remember there was another iljin that tried to make me masturbate in front of everyone and then beat me up for not doing it. I bet he's out there selling used cars or something right now.

10. [+19, -0] These kids need to be expelled and have this record kept for the rest of their lives

-