Article: 'Reply 1988' records highest viewer ratings but ironically the lowest grade by viewers
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+14,344, -1,112] The scriptwriter deserves it. She messed with the viewers too much.
2. [+13,070, -1,125] I agree, the drama may have gotten the highest viewer ratings out of the series but as a viewer, it got the lowest rating from me. I do not understand the ending at all.
3. [+10,065, -783] Even a song that's only a couple minutes long is organized with structure but this drama had none of that, just got lost in the mountains and then cut off
4. [+5,099, -564] Should just extend it to 25-30 episodes and show everything that needs to be shown...
5. [+3,101, -318] It's not that viewers are pissed that Junghwan wasn't the husband, it's that the viewers were never given a proper understanding as to why Taek became the husband. None of the process was shown so of course we'll be pissed. They put everything on the table and then ran away without closing any of the loose ends like, "lol whatever we're just going with Taek xD"
6. [+2,319, -81] Nothing cohesive about the plot, no explanation as to why Duksun became a stewardess, no explanation about her dreams..
1. [+963, -98] The last two episodes could've used some work... The drama failed to come up with a proper explanation as to why Junghwan was not the husband, therefore inciting rage to his supporters. Despite myself being a supporter of Taek, I didn't enjoy the last two episodes at all. There was no reason given as to why Taek was decided as the husband... If only we had more time, like an episode more... I think we wouldn't be this upset and still caught up in the ending of the drama.
2. [+855, -81] Just because we rated the drama a 1 doesn't mean we didn't love it... we're just upset at the ending.
3. [+605, -60] Can we get a wife search next time instead of a husband search
4. [+73, -6] Drama started off being about Duksun and then ended with Bora ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the true leads ended up being Bora and Kyungpyo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+69, -10] What I want to know is that they took a week off to better perfect the last two episodes... but the last two episodes were the ones that ruined the drama. What did they take that week off for?
Article: Shin Won Ho PD, will the next 'Reply' be 2002?
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+604, -87] Whether it's 2002 or 1980, please pre-write the script. It's because the scriptwriter has no sense of direction that the endings are always messed up like this. Sure the dramas start off fun but the plot gets lost towards the end without a proper ending.
2. [+454, -30] 2002 was during the world cup and the Yeonpyeong battle.. which is probably when the current twenties/thirties were in their youth, I think it'd be fun
3. [+313, -13] It's going to be Reply Lee Kyung Kyu next, he promised he'd reply
4. [+22, -3] I would love both 2002 and 1980, as long as they keep Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa
5. [+22, -6] I wish they'd do 2002 ㅠㅠ I miss the songs of those days