Article: Seolhyun, just moments away from her owning her 'nation' title
Source: OSEN via Naver
All she needs is a 'drama/movie of a lifetime' and she'll be set. The "nation's" title is hers if she manages to land one drama/movie that can represent her name. Not only has she pulled up her public recognition level with her active promotions, but she is now considered one of the hottest stars across all genders and generations. This is the story of none other than girl group AOA's member Seolhyun.
CFs have long been called an indicator of a star's public recognition level and popularity. From cellphone service companies to clothing and games, Seolhyun is currently the model for a variety of brands. She is currently contracted for a total of 12 CFs, and over 20 if you include pending CFs and more with AOA. This is one of the most representative ways of proving her popularity.
She did particularly well in creating a brand's image for one cellphone service company, leading to the launch of a smartphone under her own name. Her popularity is hot and the heat is still going.
Her achievements as a singer are also clear. AOA made a three hit home run with 'Mini Skirt', 'Short Hair', and 'Like a Cat', and their last release 'Heart Attack' swept the digital sites at #1, even earning them several trophies on public broadcast music shows.
She is also cementing her career as an actor as well. She got her name out there as the lead in an SBS daily drama before going on to prove her acting talents in heated 'chemistry' with Yeo Jin Goo in KBS's 'Orange Marmalade'. She made her screen debut last year in the movie 'Gangnam 1970' and is being highly anticipated this year for getting a lead line up in the movie 'A Murderer's Guide to Memorization'.
The reason Seolhyun's current status and future look to be bright is because she has already created a character for herself, which is perfect in getting a "nation's" title for herself. She has already managed to get the public familiar with what her charms are, and the fact that she has an innocent, pure look but a healthy and sexy image only adds to her positive traits. She is a character who can promote in a variety of areas, which is why people anticipate her.
What's even more important is that Seolhyun has stacked her 'likability'. Despite being a girl group member, she has never been afraid to get dirty on variety shows and has always been honest in presenting her image, thus earning the likability factor from the public. There is nothing 'fox-like' or fake about her. In an industry where it doesn't matter how talented or charming you are if the public chooses to ignore you, Seolhyun has managed to grab the public into liking her, making her future that much brighter.
The only thing that she's missing is that one drama or movie to really represent her. She is still 22 years old, though, and her future is bright. It's worth anticipating what she will be holding for us from here on out.
1. [+6,042, -484] I like Seolhyun but... AOA is not that super popular.. she doesn't have any daebak CFs... her acting is whatever at best... and she wants a nation's title? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is this journalist asking for antis... If her agency is going to media play at all, please do it properly.. don't get Seolhyun hate for no reason
2. [+4,315, -225] I hope FNC is paying Seolhyun properly with the money they're feeding these journalists
3. [+3,793, -218] It's not easy to land a drama or movie that will represent your entire image... Even Shin Min Ah has been an actress for 10 years and doesn't have one to her name.. ㅜ
4. [+3,641, -228] Please just stop it ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+3,330, -223] If someone were to read this article aloud to me, it would be the sound of a dog taking a dump
6. [+997, -104] The goddess of brainwashing
7. [+917, -85] The way her media play reads, anyone who didn't know better would think she's more top level than Jun Ji Hyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+809, -60] She does have a representative work, it's her SK CF...
9. [+782, -74] Stop the media play.. she's not good at acting, she's not good at her main job, which is singing, she's just some pretty looking girl who you can dress up to MC or something but her media play makes her sound like top level
10. [+590, -32] Remember what Chun Songyi's mom said... that not everyone gets the nation's title
1. [+554, -222] So much do you get paid to write stuff like this? Why do we always see her everywhere? Does her sponsor have fat wallets?
2. [+513, -188] She does have a nation's title, she's the nation's media play girl, and this is the type of media play I'd expect from her
3. [+475, -179] The nation's media play girl
4. [+48, -7] It's articles like this that create Seolhyun's antis. She's pretty and she is doing great but if the public fails to agree with articles like this, then they start to see her negatively because they start to feel like the media is forcing something down their throats..
5. [+46, -8] I don't think anyone agrees with this article
6. [+41, -7] At this point, I just want to give her the nation title so she will shut up already
7. [+38, -1] What does she think makes her deserving of the nation title???? Does she have a hit track that completely swallowed a year? Does she have a drama that got crazy viewer ratings??? Did she shoot a movie that got a million theater goers???
8. [+31, -4] She shot a total of 12 little CFs and she wants the nation title already ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Hyeri must be world star then ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+339, -33] I smell money.
2. [+320, -24] This is what creates antis... too much media play... there's nothing about her deserving of the nation's title
3. [+240, -19] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+123, -12] I wonder if even journalists think to themselves that this is going too far even as they write it