Article: 'Taxi Lee Sung Kyung, "I get upset at hateful comments accusing me of getting roles on YG's power"
Source: Newsen via Nate
"I get a lot of hateful comments too. A lot of people say that my opportunities are because of my company's power. When I was on a weekend drama, I was reprimanded a lot for my acting too. People called my acting awkward or not fun. I get really upset when I read those too."
1. [+921, -51] I don't care about your agency but you do need to think about your acting and improve upon it. Your acting in that 'Cheese' drama was so awkward..
2. [+854, -25] Honestly, if she wasn't under YG, it would've been hard for to get the roles that she did, especially that huge role she landed in the weekend drama after a few supporting roles. She needs to put more effort in, especially when there are people who are working from the bottom up.
3. [+817, -37] But you are a product of YG's power ㅋㅋㅋ you can't even act but you landed a lead role really fast, no????
4. [+54, -2] Sounds a bit cocky...
5. [+50, -2] She needs to wake up and realize that she is a product of her company's power
6. [+44, -1] That's quite shameless of her to say. Why else does she think she got a lead role so fast like that? ㅋㅋ She's been on TV so easily since getting into YG, why else does she think that is?
7. [+44, -3] She just needs to calm down on her acting... it makes me feel embarrassed for her...
8. [+41, -2] She needs to admit that YG does play a big role in her career. I almost changed the channel watching 'Cheese' yesterday because her acting was so frustrating but I kept through for Kim Go Eun.
9. [+33, -2] I trusted her too much. She looked like she was such a perfect fit for her character in the teasers that I assumed her acting would be better than Kim Go Eun but I was betrayed!! The one we should've been worried about was not Kim Go Eun but her! Awkward, cringeworthy acting with inaccurate pronunciation... try harder.
10. [+33, -2] If not for her agency, she wouldn't have even been able to attend the awards ceremony she let alone was an MC at with Shin Dong Yeob ㅋㅋㅋ How can she deny that YG hasn't influenced her opportunities?
Article: 'Taxi' Lee Sung Kyung, "How much did I make as a model? Sometimes I wasn't paid at all... but I was still happy"
Source: Newsen via Nate
"There are some fashion shows that you're a fixed model on. I was on about 10 shows in one season, and was fairly busy as a model. For shows, you normally get paid a year later or nothing at all. I was grateful that I always made enough, though. Being able to model was something I always considered a blessing."
1. [+235, -9] I guess it's hard making money as a model alone... no wonder the majority of them get into acting and varieties ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+158, -6] Why would any idiot tell her to go back to modeling... obviously she's in acting now because she didn't make enough as a model.
3. [+101, -2] The modeling and fashion industries are probably the worst at working you like dogs and not compensating you for it
4. [+15, -1] No wonder so many models are going into acting now. There are so many of them nowadays.
5. [+11, -2] Because of the models in acting, the average height for women is going up ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ aish