Article: Music industry on alert for 'butterfly effect' from Tzuyu's controversy "Important for the K-Pop market to understand the cultures and sentiments of other countries"
Source: Yonhap News via Daum
1. [+117, -30] Tzuyu's apology video reminded me of an IS execution video... someone being forced to read a letter in front of the camera. She's a child.. how scared she must feel right now in a foreign country without her parents. How dare JYP put the responsibility of the issue on this young girl.. I just don't understand.
2. [+105, -32] Really beautiful of JYP to crawl on all fours for that Chinese money. Hallyu will grow naturally on its own if they continue to produce good songs with good artists... but of course scandals like this will happen when you're trying to sell a product under the guise of a Hallyu that doesn't even exist.
3. [+81, -32] Isn't this the broadcast company to blame?
4. [+28, -5] MBC's 'My Little TV' is as much to blame. They're the ones who gathered the props and the concept of the episode itself was chosen by the PD. MBC is responsible for this as much as anyone else.
5. [+20, -5] I had hoped otherwise but I guess even our country must surrender to powers like this. Park Jin Young's image has flown away with this scandal.
Article: Taiwanese company claims, "We will buy out Tzuyu's contract" for 3.6 billion won
Source: Sports Chosun via Daum
1. [+812, -12] This poor girl's just being knocked around, I feel so bad for her
2. [+694, -47] I didn't even expect anything better from Park Jin Young. Watching him force a 17 year old girl to make a public apology like that just made me feel like I was watching an IS execution video.
3. [+566, -16] Tzuyu, find strength... caught between the fights of adults ㅠ_ㅠ stay strong.. ㅠ I'm sorry we couldn't protect you
4. [+144, -8] A Taiwanese is a Taiwanese, they are not Chinese. JYP had no right to force her to apologize. If JYP doesn't know what to do with her, then return her to Taiwan.
5. [+133, -9] Park Jin Young, truly amazing of you to force a 16 year old girl to change her nationality like that. Who would trust you enough to want to be a singer under you anymore?
Article: JYP reps, "Tzuyu's contract was bought for 3.6 billion won? That's an unfounded rumor"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+127, -43] To all the people putting Park Jin Young down... do you think you could make a different decision in the same situation? JYP is not only made up of Tzuyu and Twice but many other artists who are being affected by this. I feel bad for Tzuyu too but I don't think Park Jin Young should be blamed for this.
2. [+114, -48] Anyone in the face of money becomes as greedy as Park Jin Young
3. [+84, -43] Park Jin Young chose money in the end...
4. [+20, -3] JYP's in a pickle. Keep Tzuyu and China will be a problem, throw Tzuyu away and public sentiment will turn against them.
5. [+9, -3] I wouldn't be surprised if JYP cut Tzuyu like they did ti Jay Park with 2PM despite 2PM fans boycotting it.
Article: 'Tzuyu scandal' Taiwanese exchange student at Seoul University "JYP is pathetic"
Source: Herald Econ via Daum
1. [+104, -35] China is too strong, what could JYP do under their pressure? All it takes is one word from China for most of our companies to fail...
2. [+106, -38] Why blame Korea when we're the ones suffering the affects of their actions? Don't blame a Korean agency when you can't even say all this to China's face
3. [+26, -2] We're just as disappointed as you Taiwanese are with how JYP handled this but you have to realize that it was the Taiwanese themselves who used this young girl for their own political agenda, and that should remain the biggest issue. You're just as pathetic for putting the blame on a Korean agency.
4. [+25, -3] Park Jin Young screwed up but you Taiwanese have no right to talk crap about him. Go talk to China if you want to complain. As for Park Jin Young, he should've just stayed quiet.
5. [+23, -4] Sigh, Chinese from both sides are yelling at us now. Just stop it all. I feel bad for both Tzuyu and JYP ㅡㅡ
Article: JYP reps, "Official homepage was down due to a DDOS attack, we don't know who did it"
Source: Newsen via Daum
1. [+107, -40] The evils in this situation are the Taiwanese politicians who used Tzuyu. Even foreign media outlets like the New York Times are taking an interest in this and people from our Foreign Office are getting involved to try and resolve everything. Park Jin Young has no power in any of this. If Tzuyu had not apologized, China was going to boycott Korean products. China's media is trying to resolve this as well by calling Tzuyu China's star and asking people to refrain from hating her, but Taiwan seems like they're trying to drag her to the very end...
2. [+61, -15] Biggest crisis for JYP right now. They shouldn't have put out that apology video and instead just announce that all artists under JYP would be holding back on Chinese activities for a bit. I understand that he's responsible for the well being of his entire company but that apology video just caused a boomerang effect that brought down JYP's entire image with it.
3. [+62, -23] This is just growing out of control. Looks like JYP needs to give up on Tzuyu.
Article: JYP reps, "Tzuyu wil be attending 'IAC', she will be going to schedules as planned"
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+137, -3] Of course she should. Tzuyu did nothing wrong in Korea. No reason for her to cut promos in Korea just because China's mad that she held the Taiwanese flag for a few seconds. She can just cut promos in China, no reason for her to cut it in Korea too. The Korean entertainment industry doesn't belong to China, Korean stars shouldn't have to refrain from promoting in Korea just because China doesn't like them. If China thinks they can put their noses in the business of what Korean stars do in their own country, they're crossing a line.
2. [+83, -6] Tzuyu did nothing wrong. She's just being used, and I feel very bad for her. I can't imagine how upset she is right now.
3. [+56, -3] Such a hard life being a celebrity
Article: JYP reps, "Homepage was down due to DDOS attacks... Tzuyu's contract being offered 3.6 billion won is an unfounded rumor"
Source: News 1 via Naver
1. [+813, -27] JYP has such horrible luck. You'd think they were finally doing well with a good group and now something so unimaginable has happened.
2. [+615, -37] Not JYP's or Tzuyu's fault. I just hope that JYP keeps Tzuyu with them. She went through so many obstacles to join. What a difficult situation all around.
3. [+559, -53] If only 'My Little TV' reps came out with a statement when the scandal first brewed...
4. [+61, -5] JYP will be hopeless if they kick Tzuyu out. Even if it gets you hate, keep her with you. It's the only way.
Article: Chinese actor Lin Genxing makes fun of Tzuyu's apology, "Can't even memorize her script"
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+240, -2] What is he complaining about a script for when she's reading an apology, what a dumb idiot
2. [+202, -1] I don't even know who you are
3. [+170, -0] They're really going all out for her, aren't they
4. [+23, -1] What are they doing to this young girl.. and these people call themselves adults?
5. [+19, -2] This is way too much for a 16 year old girl to be hearing ㅠㅠ
Article: Singer Huang An who lit the fire to Tzuyu's scandal, will the boomerang come back to him?
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+439, -5] I hope whoever this Huang An guy is gets hit with a boomerang and dies
2. [+446, -12] He feels regretful? What an idiot.. I'm not even a Tzuyu fan but I feel bad for her
3. [+387, -8] He's such a joke, what does he feel regretful about ㅋ
Article: Twice's Tzuyu, looking tired as a 17 year old girl suffering from Taiwanese flag controversy
Source: Newsen via Daum
1. [+1,222, -48] We're understanding even when North Koreans hold up their own flags ㅋㅋ why should China care about a Taiwanese girl holding up a Taiwanese flag.
2. [+1,018, -34] She's so young too.. I feel so bad..
3. [+922, -29] She really does look fatigued.. I feel so bad.. find strength, Tzuyu
Article: Tzuyu's mother, "I hope that the controversy is quickly put to rest so that my daughter can sing happily again..."
Source: Yonhap News via Naver
1. [+848, -15] Such a difficult situation this young girl is being forced to deal with... I hope this never happens again
2. [+760, -25] It'll probably go down in history as an example of the butterfly effect. I know it's hard for her right now but I hope she finds strength. We're not on Taiwan's side or China's side, we're on Tzuyu's side... fighting.
3. [+410, -9] That Huang An guy is a rat, sold Tzuyu out for his own popularity ㅡㅡ
4. [+345, -69] How can she work under a CEO who is not on her side...
5. [+42, -0] Tzuyu-ya, hope you find strength!!!