Article: Shinsadong Tiger, "I sold EXID off to China? Baseless accusation" [official statement]
Source: Sports Donga via Naver
1. [+169, -13] China is only pursuing a joint venture company with EXID because EXID is a K-Pop group. I'm sure this only means that EXID still remain promoting in Korea as their main activities and only go to China to release albums and hold concerts.
2. [+93, -13] I sincerely hope this decision was made in EXID's best intersts
3. [+74, -7] So it's a joint venture company with China investing half and Korea investing half.... well, I hope that it works out.
4. [+87, -12] I hope that they're making the right choice
5. [+102, -20] I don't think we should overreact, it just means that they're receiving Chinese funding now
6. [+31, -1] If this was truly a good decision for EXID, us fans would be supporting it too but I am still nervous. Fighting.
7. [+42, -7] Hoping that this company will be able to allow EXID to promote in a better environment
8. [+17, -0] I do want better working conditions for EXID but I hope that they keep their main promo activities in Korea
1. [+144, -10] But the Chinese CEO running it is known to be the absolute worst out of the second generation Chinese chaebols for being associated with thugs and having messy relations with women.
2. [+124, -11] He sold them off, how can he claim that he didn't? Did he not receive money for this deal? Shinsadong Tiger's a joke
3. [+120, -12] The CEO gets treated like trash even by his own Chinese people. He's a guy known to sleep with female celebrities and show off about it.
4. [+22, -2] The name of this company, Banana Project ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+16, -11] So did you receive money or did you not, Shinsadong Tiger? So what about their improved working conditions, you still profited out of this deal
6. [+15, -8] I hope that this gives EXID an opportunity to spread out further than just Korea
7. [+14, -9] I hope that they become popular in China now!
8. [+9, -3] For this Chinese CEO to be investing in them, that means the girls had to have had some drinks with him at least once before then. He's known for loving women, why would he miss an opportunity to see them privately..
Article: EXID to advance into China with Banana Project "Please no baseless accusations"
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+1,146, -80] Row your boat while the water's flowing, this industry is all about opportunities like this
2. [+659, -44] I think people are misunderstanding something. They're not moving to a new Chinese agency, they're just promoting under a new joint venture agency.
3. [+503, -36] The company is a joint venture with half Chinese funds and half Korean funds. I wish them luck.
4. [+451, -43] Their schedule is full of Korean activities still. And the new company is being set up in Korea.
5. [+92, -13] They're not leaving Yedang. They're joining a new joint venture by Yedang and a Chinese company that both invested half half into it. Wishing EXID better opportunities in 2016!
6. [+66, -8] I don't know why they're rushing this Chinese advancement thing so hard. It wouldn't hurt to wait until they've released a full album and have a bigger fanbase before looking into China. I feel like Shinsadong Tiger only signed this contract because he's friends with the CEO but please stop meddling in this contract business and just stick to writing your songs.
7. [+36, -3] On the outside it sounds great, with Banana Project funding EXID and helping them with their Chinese advancement... but I honestly think there's something fishier going on~
8. [+55, -11] I wish EXID would just get some proper support from one good company for once... they're suffering so much
1. [+195, -9] When we first heard of the contract news from China, EXID's agency is the one who said they had no idea and that they were checking into it... but now the contract's signed and their advancement is confirmed? And that Chinese company is named Banana?? Everyone already knows what kind of person their CEO is so what is this Shinsadong Tiger lying about?? Just because they're friends? Is that why he let T-ara go to Banana too? After fully knowing what kind of person the CEO is? Fine, sending T-ara off is okay since they're a flop group and have no where else to go anyway but not EXID. If something happens to EXID, something bad, then this is all on you, you greedy tiger.
2. [+152, -16] Doesn't that Chinese CEO have a lot of bad rumors surrounding him
3. [+126, -13] If, if in the future, on the off chance that this decision ends up turning out badly for EXID, if this decision becomes something that we can't turn back from, then I hope Shinsadong Tiger realizes that he's completely screwed himself out of the industry.
4. [+57, -3] I'm honestly really worried about this......
5. [+53, -4] Looks like Tiger's the one who led all of this on... I hope nothing bad happens. EXID's such a good team.
6. [+47, -2] "Sold them off" sounds so 19+ rated
7. [+44, -12] I wish them the best but I can't help but feel worried. There are a lot of cultural differences between Korea and China...
8. [+26, -1] Well.. first of all, it does sound like EXID has been sold off to China. The company's a "joint venture" but China's funding everything for the content to be produced in Korea... why would China be stupid enough to invest money for a Korean group to continue promoting in Korea? Something else is up, I feel bad for EXID, sounds like all the things we see in the movies are coming true for them...