Article: Chinese chaebol Wang Sicong completes contract with EXID in Shanghai
Source: Mydaily via Naver
1. [+277, -69] Did Shinsadong Tiger seriously not sell EXID off to China? I don't know how their fans can see this contract as anything positive, seriously.
2. [+166, -29] I feel like EXID wouldn't have any problems if they just stuck to promoting in Korea with good song releases. Fans are going to leave if this contract means they're going to focus more on their Chinese activities.
3. [+104, -16] I don't like Shinsadong Tiger either but the article explicitly states that they'll be focusing on Korean promos this year.
4. [+60, -4] The media keeps throwing around Wang Sicong's name like it's a buzz word but their new company itself is based in Korea with half of their financial backing from China.
5. [+63, -9] I hope they can escape the crutches of a small tier agency and go global now
6. [+33, -3] It's true that fans are upset with this but we can only hope that this will benefit EXID in the end.
7. [+27, -1] I heard Wang Sicong bought the production company for 'Interstellar' for 4 trillion won... he's investing a lot in the entertainment industry.
8. [+19, -0] EXID themselves said that they can't focus on China yet because they don't have enough hit songs so they'll be focusing on Korea for now