Article: 'Seoul Music Awards' Kim Junsu's popularity award gets shown through video mention
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+783, -68] SM you trash, you're playing so dirty ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+667, -30] Seriously, what was that? ㅋㅋㅋ It was like they threw the award at him and told him to catch
3. [+618, -34] Kim Junsu fighting
4. [+75, -3] He won fair and square and yet they still took away the entire award category... SM you pathetic trash
5. [+70, -6] So did SM threaten to not let EXO attend if they let Kim Junsu attend? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Trash are so mad that they didn't win the popularity award
6. [+70, -10] Looks like SM blocked him from coming
1. [+726, -30] It's not that he didn't attend, it's that he c.o.u.l.d.n.t!!!!!!!
2. [+568, -18] I'm not his fan but it's so unfair that he can't come out on broadcast. What are we, some communist nation? He didn't commit any crime and yet the broadcast stations are acting like this... shaking in fear that they piss SM off. Pathetic..
3. [+510, -38] SM blocked him ㅡㅡ It's not that he didn't want to attend, he just couldn't
4. [+410, -17] There's only one reason he couldn't attend, that indirect pressure from a certain someone, everyone already knows the truth
5. [+109, -1] I feel so sorry for his fans. I know how hard they worked to win him the popularity poll with their votes just to be able to see their favorite singer on stage. This is so wrong...
6. [+99, -2] Fans paid to vote for 47 days just to see a 2 second clip announcing him as the winner. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+538, -16] This is my first time seeing a popularity award announced like they were playing some short ad. Fans paid to vote for 47 days and this is the result of it? A 2 second video? If so, why did the awards show make it so that fans had to pay for their votes?
2. [+418, -17] Trash awards show... Don't ever call yourself fair, this is embarrassing. Get ready to pay back the money you got from fans paying for their votes. This is going to come back like a boomerang to you.
3. [+419, -38] Obviously SM blocked him from coming ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is this the SM Gayo Daesang?
4. [+78, -2] So ridiculous ㅎㅎ They suddenly exclude an awards category that they've had every single year just because Junsu won... so if Junsu won the Bonsang, then would they have not held the awards ceremony at all? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Article: Kim Junsu, "I hate myself... My heart is ripping to shreds" confesses feelings
Source: Sports via Daum
1. [+3,865, -185] Kim Junsu won fair and square with the most votes in popularity award history. If they were not going to invite him to the awards ceremony at all or straight up exclude the award category to begin with, then why accept the text votes? How is this fair at all?
2. [+3,287, -151] He still hasn't escaped from SM yet? Why can't they let him go already...
3. [+963, -61] How upsetting for his fans... Lee Soo Man-ssi, stop playing so dirty. This makes me want to support him more. Kim Junsu and his fans, find strength!!
4. [+851, -55] Trashiest awards ceremony of history. A singer won fair and square but not only wasn't invited but had the entire award category excluded from the show. Absolutely amazing.
5. [+772, -57] Seoul Music Awards basically scammed fans out of their money with rotten SM dealing from the back..
Article: EXID Hani, "I'm proud of Kim Junsu for winning the popularity award"
Source: Star News via Nate
1. [+1,003, -78] So how is it that Kim Junsu wasn't invited for his popularity award - not only that, but had the entire category excluded from the show - while EXO who won the Hallyu popularity award was able to attend and win the award? ㅋㅋ Is this not a problem? This absolutely shows that there is external pressure coming on to these shows. These people better not dare talk about prestige or fairness.
2. [+982, -72] I like how the category disappeared after Kim Junsu won the popularity award ㅋ It was brave of Hani to say that she was proud of Junsu
3. [+712, -43] Fans spent over 40 days voting for Junsu to win and yet they took away the category. The Seoul Music Awards has never once had an instance where a singer who won the popularity award didn't perform or attend. The important part here is that fans paid $10 for 120 votes, and they probably made the show about $100,000 usd on votes alone. I think fans are going to be filing a lawsuit over this.
4. [+65, -6] They lied saying that they had invited Kim Junsu to the event when they didn't. Kim Junsu's agency clarified that they had never received an invite. Then they said that the ceremony would now be held to be Bonsang-focused and that they did not have room to invite the popularity award winner. They've had room for the winner for 24 years but they got rid of it once Kim Junsu won #1.
5. [+60, -6] I was really grateful to Hani for mentioning it like that when it was otherwise going to be passed over. This might come back to affect her negatively later with SM and all but she made it a point to say it.