Article: [Rumor and Truth] SM will be debuting a 24 member idol group next year?
Source: Sports Chosun via Daum
Article talks about how rumors have been circulating that SM will be debuting a male idol group next year with a potential maximum of 24 members, which is in trend with the recent debuts of big groups like Seventeen (13 members), WJSN (12 members), and Twice (9 members).
1. [+151, -3] We've reached an age where one line in a song will be sung by 4-5 members at a time
2. [+111, -7] Looks like fangirls are going to have to start using their brains to memorize the names at least ㅋㅋ
3. [+69, -2] Hul~~~~~~~
4. [+42, -1] Sounds more like they're trying to use up all of their extra trainees at once
5. [+33, -3] I recognize names up to Super Junior... but can't after EXO..
6. [+30, -2] Is that scammer debuting with them too?
7. [+21, -5] It just proves that the new generation doesn't have enough talent for anyone to stand alone as a solo. They're barely good enough to be stuck in large groups like this. Where have all the young talents gone?
8. [+17, -2] SM's crazy.. it's going to be so hard to memorize 24 names.
9. [+8, -0] They're going to have to start their own training unit come time for them to enlist in the army
10. [+6, -0] I wonder if each member will even get parts? I bet there will be members who don't sing at all
11. [+6, -0] I'd rather they keep groups to 10 members and under... I hate seeing Japanese groups that are in huge chunks
12. [+5, -0] Doesn't sound right.. even 12 is a lot, 24 is stretching it. It'd be hard to even get them into the vans to get to schedules. Could they even all fit on smaller stages?