Article: 'Junior tolerance vs Senior respect'... a sudden controversy over colors
Source: TV Report via Nate
1. [+1,734, -353] Orange has long been Shinhwa's representative color
2. [+1,638, -358] Shinhwa isn't just a senior group, they're legendary when it comes to idols. I wish they'd get the respect they deserve.
3. [+1,476, -241] Well BoA used yellow when it belonged to Sechs Kies and got hate for it. I think that if idols know that the color already belongs to another group that has used it for way longer, they should avoid using that color.
4. [+214, -40] It's not like Shinhwa disbanded, they've been using the color for years now so why should a rookie just take it ㅋㅋ
5. [+211, -36] Honestly, white makes me think of HOT, yellow for Sechs Kies, sky blue for god, and orange for Shinhwa, no? ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+190, -30] It's not like Shinhwa's some group that promoted for a year or two, they've been using it since 1998 without any disbandment. The fact that that group insists on using it as their color means that they knew it'd be controversial.
7. [+175, -32] Orange = color. I understand that color choices are limited nowadays but you seriously shouldn't be taking a color that a group has been using since the days the only props were colored balloons. Back then, your color was the only thing that represented your singer.
8. [+158, -32] Who is this iKON nugu?
9. [+154, -31] Whatever... iKON, just change your color instead of stirring controversy. I went to Pann where there's tons of junior and high school kids and they're so pissed ㅋㅋ Yeah, I bet your group is happy to see that ^^
10. [+144, -14] I'd understand if Shinhwa retired but they're still promoting
11. [+144, -26] I bet all the iKON fans that have been stirring the controversy up on Pann are feeling shocked at reading the response on these articles ㅎㅎ this is reality ㅎㅎㅎ
12. [+122, -30] YG has no sense of respect, first from their award speech to now this
13. [+121, -36] There are so many colors in the world, why would you pick orange? Just trying to ride on Shinhwa's fame, eh? ㅋㅋ
14. [+112, -24] As if we didn't already know this group was from a criminal agency, their fandoms are acting just the same. It's basic knowledge that sky blue belongs to god and orange to Shinhwa, it's a silent promise made by everyone. How dare this nugu group try to take that away? How many years has it even been since their debut?
15. [+107, -20] It wouldn't be a problem if it was a group like HOT, Sechs Kies, SES, or FinKL that formally retired or disbanded but Shinhwa is still promoting so of course it's going to be controversial.
1. [+579, -96] I think respecting your seniors is more important. YG's promotional team screwed up. They should've researched this stuff and prevented a controversy from happening.
2. [+427, -41] Back then, colors were all fandoms had. It was something that nobody dared to mess with. It seems like idol fans these days have more prop options like light sticks in various shapes and sizes that they don't understand the significance of a fandom color. I think it's just a difference in generations.
3. [+421, -117] iKON? I don't think Shinhwa should be even worried about this nugu group
4. [+127, -18] Back then, groups would avoid colors if it belonged to another fandom.. I guess that same respect isn't given today. If it's because there are too many idols now, it's not like you have to pick only one color... pick several and mix it in a pattern or something.
5. [+151, -46] I can't stand iKON. I can't stand Winner either because of Song Minho. Spread your legs at a gynecologist's? You realize you were born like that too
5. [+67, -8] I don't think this is an issue of showing seniors respect.. it's fine for senior groups to share colors if they're disbanded or no longer promoting like HOT or Sechs Kies, they should actually be expected to pass on their colors to junior groups, but Shinhwa's different.. they haven't disbanded, they're still promoting, and they're regarded as one of the longest running idol groups. Why should they share?
6. [+76, -22] I understand color choices is a sensitive issue but I don't know why this nugu group is causing this fuss that we're getting articles about it for several days now. I doubt they didn't know this would happen...