Article: [Exclusive] Digital song releases at midnight likely to be restricted
Source: No Cut News via Naver
Major digital music sites had a meeting to discuss solutions to the issue of sajaegi. One issue that was brought up was that sajaegi was most likely to happen at midnight (songs are released at midnight and noon) when most users and site admins are asleep and tech issues can't be attended to immediately.
1. [+673, -96] Ah, no... they're taking away the thrill of waiting for your songs to be released right at midnight
2. [+692, -114] It's funny to see male groups with lots of fans but no public popularity getting into the top 5 at 1 am and then disappearing when it hits morning ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+527, -89] How is this any different from preventing people from leaving their homes at night because most crimes happen at night, this is 2015
4. [+210, -32] So is that why I see singers I don't even know randomly winning #1?
5. [+62, -3] Pretty sure that has nothing to do with sajaegi...? I mean sure releasing songs at midnight is better for competition but that doesn't make it sajaegi.
6. [+56, -3] These people are idiots, they have no idea how to even tackle the issue or what the root of the issue is. The reason most artists who release songs at midnight can rank #1 at that time is because there are less users and idol fans are the only ones streaming and downloading songs. That's not what sajaegi is. They obviously don't even know what sajaegi is so how do they expect to solve this matter...
7. [+15, -1] Not sure what the point of restricting release times is... even if they rank #1 for a couple hours, they eventually fall off the charts anyway, why bother restricting what time they can release it at
8. [+7, -0] Maybe they should get rid of live time charts and just keep it to daily charts.