Article: [Exclusive] 4 Danwon High School students accepted to Yonsei and Korea University on special screening
Source: Money Today via Nate
1. [+313, -42] Their mock exam grades already showed that no student in that school has the stats to get into these colleges. No wonder the other students are so mad because they're getting in off of special treatment alone...
2. [+256, -49] They're going to become outsiders in those colleges ㅋ
3. [+247, -36] The most ridiculous thing I've heard ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+51, -6] I don't understand how this can happen. College is about getting in on your own skills alone... This is the result of all those people who abused the emotional aspect of the Sewol Ferry tragedy. This school still has the classrooms of the deceased students. How crazy is that when the rest of us usually clean out a person's room and belongings after three days when family passes away?
5. [+38, -11] They got in at the cost of their friends' lives, not for their skills. They used this tragedy as an opportunity for themselves. Please just treat those students as ghosts in their new colleges.
6. [+36, -7] Just know that when you brag about what college you got into, it came at the cost of your friend's life.
7. [+34, -4] This is wrong
8. [+32, -3] As someone who lives in Ansan, this is ridiculous. Now everyone will be trying to get into Danwon High School. Even if the tragedy had never happened to the school, there was no student in that school who studied well enough to even get into any of these colleges ㅋㅋㅋ this is ridiculous
9. [+30, -2] I feel like we're setting a bad precedent. Then in the future when that child who lost her mother, father, and oppa grows up to go to college, she should be given special treatment too. Anyone who received any type of psychological trauma in their life from an accident will be asking for this special treatment. This spells bad things for our future.
10. [+28, -6] I heard two students even applied to Seoul University. They have no shame.
11. [+19, -4] I'm sure they're happy now. The government compensated them with money for the accident, now they're given free passes to colleges. But they'll know in the future when they write out their resumes and put Danwon High School that employers will realize they were nothing but space fillers all this time.
12. [+3, -0] Remember for the rest of your lives that your opportunity to go to these prestigious colleges and land your prestigious jobs all came at the cost of your friend's life