Article: Is K-Pop really popular in America?
Source: ize via Naver
1. [+46, -8] It's already a well known truth that other than a few people interested in Asian culture, K-Pop is just nugu to them other than Psy
2. [+37, -11] It's about the same as Koreans listening to Taiwanese music, just a minority
3. [+24, -3] Those who know about K-Pop probably do, those who don't probably don't
4. [+30, -14] I live in Australia and other than a minority of kids obsessed with Asian culture who love Japan and Korea, it's embarrassing to call K-Pop even a minor genre with the general public. K-Pop is an unknown world to them, basically.
5. [+14, -4] It's like Koreans listening to Japanese music, just a minority. I bet the majority of foreigners don't even know where Korea is on the map.
6. [+10, -1] I live in America and Psy's famous enough for even American ajummas to know about him... then the next are Big Bang and 2NE1. Big Bang's ticket power is amazing. I was surprised when 2NE1's song was used in a Microsoft commercial. The rest definitely don't care or know about K-Pop...
7. [+10, -2] Americans have their own original pop music, why would they listen to our pathetic K-Pop
8. [+8, -2] K-Pop is definitely not popular in North America and Europe. Just with a very small minority and the gyopos. We really need to stop acting as if K-Pop is hugely popular overseas ㅎㅎ
9. [+7, -2] I remember on 'Voice UK', will i am mentioned 2NE1 as a judge and all of the English people in the crowd went crazy like they were fans. I'm very against idol culture and put it down but their reactions broke my bias about it.
10. [+6, -2] Why would Americans care about lip sync K-Pop.