Article: 28 music industry experts surveyed on the best rookie of 2015 - Girlfriend "hit song + trending headlines"
Source: Star News via Naver
1. Girlfriend - 14 votes
"Girlfriend had back to back hits with 'Glass Bead' and 'Me Gustas Tu' and showed trending potential. They succeeded in getting all age groups to listen to their music and have a comfortable image that all generations can approach. They were extremely popular at the scene of music broadcasts."
2. Seventeen - 5 votes
"As a rookie, they showed high album sales by selling 43,000 copies. Despite not being from a top 3 agency, the group's performance shows that they're prepared and confident."
3. iKON - 4 votes
"All of their song releases have topped the digital charts, and the group has shown their ticketing power ddespite being rookies by being able to pull off a debut concert at the Olympic Park athletic stadium, the country's largest indoor concert hall, next year January."
Twice - 3 votes
Hyukoh - 2 votes
1. [+72, -10] Girlfriend was the best this year, hopefully they keep it up in the future too!
2. [+62, -10] I expected the results. I don't have any interest in idols usually but I know all the songs released by the ones on this list. I like that they're hard workers.
3. [+49, -7] Girlfriend worked hard this year so I wish them more success
4. [+49, -8] Queenfriends
5. [+49, -8] I hope Girlfriend has another comeback soon
1. [+114, -140] Since when was Hyukoh a rookie...? And why is Seventeen ranked so high while iKON is so low
2. [+113, -63] Well it's not like iKON is guaranteed a higher rank just because they're from a bigger agency. Seventeen probably got their votes because they did better than expected for coming from a smaller agency, but I honestly don't think Seventeen deserves all those votes.
3. [+87, -39] It doesn't really make sense considering the achievements and all ㅋㅋ
4. [+53, -17] What's up with the comments? Why should a group have more votes just because they're from a bigger agency? Girlfriend and Seventeen both deserve the votes they were given ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Obviously they weren't rated on just what they achieved but overall on performance, skills, confidence, etc.
5. [+42, -15] Why are the comments like this; Seveneten is talented and have good songs, what's the issue?
6. [+40, -11] The comments are ridiculous. Why should only idols from big agencies get all the votes? The article clearly says they weren't rated on what they achieved. You guys are only pissed because your unnis and oppas are from big agencies but got lower votes.
7. [+33, -6] Both Seventeen and Girlfriend deserve the votes they were given~ it's not like there's a rule that only idol groups from bigger agencies can be ranked high
8. [+23, -4] Don't know why people are hating on Seventeen for getting votes ㅋㅋ Their song's good, choreography was synchronized, etc
9. [+16, -0] It's hilarious how Girlfriend got #1 but it's iKON and Seventeen who are the most controversial and they're both only a vote apart ㅋㅋㅋ