16 students receive max scores on this year's college entrance exam


Article: 16 get max scores on the college entrance exams

Source: Kyunghyang News via Naver

(By upcoming school year)
2014: 33
2015: 29
2016: 16

Source: Kyunghyang via Naver

1. [+4,053, -134] Wow, truly amazing people... much respect to them

2. [+3,150, -126] Congratulations, I hope they become impressive people to lead our country

3. [+2,223, -65] Congratulations, hope they get into the colleges they want

4. [+2,263, -868] So many more males got max scores on the test than women so why do people always argue that women are smarter? Either way, there are smart people in both genders so let's stop comparing them.

5. [+750, -25] I don't care what anyone says, these people deserve all the credit they can get for getting max scores. There are idiots in the world who you can give all the right answers to and still mark em wrong on the scantron.

6. [+503, -14] I wonder what it feels like to get a max score... it must be even more meaningful because they earned it through hard work.

-



Article: Interview with max score student, "A result of positive thinking and consistent effort"

Source: News 1 via Nate

Interesting excerpts from his interview: "I didn't start preparing for the test until winter break of my sophomore year. I joined study groups with my friends and focused on class lectures. I didn't take any extra after school classes. This allowed me to approach problems from a variety of different perspectives and angles, and having to teach my friends forced me into better understanding the concepts I was learning."

"When I got practice problems wrong, I was grateful that I got them wrong because it helped me find my problem areas. I didn't get stressed over the problems I got wrong and tried to keep a positive mindset."

"This test is something that you have to take anyway so I figured that even if it's hard, I'd rather give it my best if I have to do it at all so that I don't have regrets afterwards. It's important to stay positive and not let yourself think that 'this problem probably won't be on the test' and skip over it. Make sure you study as much variety as possible."

"My parents didn't force me to study and always trusted and watched over me. They advised me to study as much as I could but never fall into misery no matter how hard it got. I'm grateful for the suffering they went through for me and I know that this is just the beginning, so I will be studying even harder."

"I haven't chosen a career path yet but I will be majoring in natural science and enjoy subjects in engineering and medical studies. I want a job that can help others."

-

1. [+680, -17] Anyone who can get a max score on this test is amazing. The atmosphere in the testing hall is just so heavy, it's hard to manage your thoughts in a room like that but he worked through it and got a full score.. congratulations.

2. [+660, -17] Wow, I read on so many community boards about how much harder the test was this year. Looks like it doesn't matter to the smartest of people, they'll always succeed no matter what.

3. [+502, -20] People who get max scores always say in their interviews that they studied on their own but all of our students are still stuck in after school academies.

4. [+24, -2] Wow... he's got a great head on his shoulders. He felt grateful and glad that he answered his problems wrong because it allowed him to find his own faults... that's something anyone can learn from. With a mentality like that, he can apply it to all areas of his life, not just a big test like this.

5. [+24, -4] So jealous, he probably got a free pass to Seoul University

6. [+20, -2] Looks like one seat is filled in Seoul University's med school

7. [+18, -3] It's so hard to get a max score like he did without going to after school academies. There are so many teachers in public schools who don't deserve their licenses and yet he still managed to pull a full score under them... impossible for most people, really..

8. [+14, -4] I really do think a positive mindset is most important!

9. [+13, -1] I'm so glad there hasn't been a suicide yet

10. [+11, -3] Instead of his interview, I want to sit down for an hour with his parents and listen to their life story

-