Tim Cook declares the end of the PC age


Article: Apple CEO Tim Cook declares, "The PC generation is over"

Source: Money Today via Nate

[ English source here: Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'Why would you buy a PC anymore?' Apple CEO Tim Cook Has Some Radical Thoughts About PCs]

1. [+845, -55] I still think PCs are irreplaceable...

2. [+710, -71] Maybe sometime in the future but I suspect it'll be another 20 years before they come up with something that can replace the PC's big screen graphics and other controls.

3. [+506, -157] After reading the comments, it seems people think that Apple only produces smartphones but they're with ibm and are one of the biggest manufacturers in the PC industry. Apple as a company started off with PC (the Macintosh) and still continue to sell PCs today.

4. [+45, -4] Anyone who works in design would prefer the Mac... I hate apps and don't really care for the iPhone and use an Android but unless you're using your PC for gaming and document work, Mac is better for design work.

5. [+36, -8] There are still things that your mobile can't do and you end up turning to your PC for.

6. [+21, -10] You can't play high graphic games on your phone!! The PC era will be forever... all softwares start with the PC

7. [+17, -0] What's he talking about, I find my PC the most comfortable. If given the option between a laptop, phone, and PC, I'd end up using the PC..

8. [+15, -16] You can tell this guy has never played an online RPG or FPS game in his life. iPad may play videos well but claiming that the PC age is over is pretty much showing his ignorance in the gaming market.

9. [+13, -8] I think it's a long time to come before what he claims will happen. Just because you buy a car doesn't mean you don't need a house. Just because you buy a backpack to put your books in doesn't mean you don't need a bookcase in your house, right? A mobile device is just that... for mobile. My PC provides infinite opportunities for me from saving important files, playing games, and even building my own PC. I love games played with keyboard and mouse and watching movies on my monitor. Can you do all of this on a device with a smaller screen? Be honest with yourself.

10. [+11, -5] Unless he's talking about getting hologram PCs in the future like 'Iron Man', I doubt the PC era will ever end. At least for now.. a tablet can never replace a PC. Only can a new and improved version of a PC ever replace a PC.

11. [+11, -6] Reminds me of when Bill Gates said it would be the end of computer mice.. ㅋㅋ

12. [+9, -1] Seeing as how TVs are still being sold, I don't think his statement has any weight to it.

-