AOA's Chanmi reveals her deeper reason for becoming a celebrity


Article: AOA Chanmi, "The reason I became a celebrity? Because of you, mom" tearful

Source: TV Report via Naver

On that show where stars go to work with their parents to experience their lives, Chanmi revealed to her mother, "The reason I wanted to start making money early was because you (mom) would work from morning to late at night without a house of your own and the grandpa would always come to collect the rent and you'd have no money after you paid that and our school fees. I hated that. The reason I decided to try becoming a celebrity was because I thought it'd provide an environment for me to make money faster. People think that stars only wear pretty clothes and things and I thought that it was an easy way to make money if you did well after your debut too but I didn't realize until now that this isn't something you can do forever."

-

1. [+230, -13] Chanmi's always such a bright person that this is my first time finding out about how she really feels on the inside. Despite being the maknae, she showed a leader-like image and she seems like someone who has deep, caring thoughts.

2. [+206, -7] She grew up in hardships and matured so early... I guess there was a reason she was known for being the most mature out of the members.

3. [+196, -8] Chanmi's mother not only raised three daughters on her own but also looked after a runaway kid too. I really hope Chanmi does well.

4. [+171, -6] She really does sound so mature, her thoughts are so deep... choked up while watching

5. [+158, -7] Chanmi-ya, find strength!!!

6. [+46, -3] Chanmi watched her mother's struggles so she wanted to help relieve the suffering. She's so deep, it's hard to think that she's just barely over 20 years old with the way she cares for her mom. It'll be hard of course but I hope she makes a lot of money and helps her mom out.

7. [+42, -3] Made me choke up a bit seeing her so mature at a young age like that. She seems like a great person. Kim Chanmi, fighting!

8. [+40, -3] She's the youngest out of the members but seems the most mature and deepest... I'm sure it was hard going through all that at a young age but I'm sure her mom is proud of her seeing her work hard at a career she found for herself. It really left an impression on me when Chanmi said she would fund her maknae's college tuition! Do well, Chanmi~!!

9. [+38, -3] Whenever I watched her fancams, she always looked so down and I hoped she would find some strength. I think she needs more self esteem too. It was really endearing seeing her bicker back and forth with her mom today.

10. [+39, -4] She's only 20 years old... so it's amazing that she has a mindset like that already!!

-