How important are idol group names?


Article: Idol group names... sensible but still powerful and easy to remember

Source: Munhwa Ilbo via Naver

1. [+2,164, -138] I personally think f(x) and 2NE1 were the most creative names

2. [+1,843, -178] Bulletproof Boy Scouts was probably the stupidest name in history

3. [+1,513, -34] I remember when TVXQ first debuted and thinking what kind of group name is that

4. [+1,134, -42] Doesn't matter how weird your name is, you'll get there as long as your song's good

5. [+331, -4] Mulletfish (Gamulchi)'s a really bad name too

6. [+339, -20] Girlfriend... I was surprised when I heard their name, whoever named them was so lazy..

7. [+296, -32] April's name was controversial at first because people started saying it was too similar to A Pink when April's just a continuation of A'ST1 and AJAX (all of these names in Korean start with the same two syllables e-i) ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Does A Pink own the 'e-i' rights or something ㅋ

8. [+274, -13] I thought SNSD, CSJH, TVXQ, and even Super Junior were weird names at first but I got used to it... so I guess all these names are a matter of getting used to ㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+251, -5] The laziest naming ever: ZE:A (Empire's Children)

10. [+250, -24] When I first heard SHINee, I thought it was a perfectly idol-like name and very pretty sounding

11. [+224, -19] Shinhwa and Big Bang are living up to their names

12. [+206, -18] Hello, we aspire to become A4 papers, we are B1A4

13. [+163, -10] There's also that one group 100% that promised to 100% be successful... and they're gone now.. ㅋㅋ

14. [+124, -16] When SNSD first debuted, people always said their name sounded outdated because the trend was to have an English name but they went with a traditional Korean name but now it's pretty and I'm used to it

-