Beenzino reveals his parents slapped him when he said he didn't want to go to college


Article: Seoul University student Beenzino, "My parents slapped me when I declared I didn't want to go to Seoul University"

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+402, -12] Can't imagine how upset his parents must've felt when their son who was accepted to Seoul University said he wasn't going

2. [+367, -30] It's because he went to Seoul University that he earned fame and is on TV now. Imagine if he didn't go, would he still be where he is now? Listening to your parents will always benefit your life.

3. [+364, -17] He deserved to be slapped for saying he didn't want to go to Seoul University of all colleges, not even some no name college...

4. [+30, -1] Honestly... I've been a hip hop fan for 20 years.. and even I admit that his educational background had a lot to do with his fame

5. [+22, -1] I'd let both my cheeks be slapped if I could go to Seoul University

6. [+19, -0] Nowadays even good rappers like him will still get an education even at Seoul University while pursuing hip hop. Dropping out of school, smoking, and bumming around isn't "swagger" anymore.

7. [+11, -4] If slapping him was what it took for him to wake up and go, then he deserved it. Imagine how upset they were to have to resort to that.

8. [+10, -5] I wonder when Korean society will change... we live in a society where parents slap their kids for deciding not to go to college.. this is something that you could never imagine happening in foreign countries.

9. [+7, -4] You're damn lucky you listened to your parents because if not for the Seoul University aura, you wouldn't even be famous right now.

10. [+7, -1] He's ugly but he looks handsome

-