Jaekyung talks about the stresses of girl group weight check ups


Article: Jaekyung, "For weight check ins during my trainee years, I'd cut my nails and spit stepping on the scale"

Source: Newsen via Nate

"When we were still training for Rainbow, we had weight check ins once a week that would be written down and put up on the company's bulletin board. The weigh ins were so stressful for me that I'd even cut my nails and spit before stepping on the scale. I couldn't cut my hair for style purposes but I tried to take as much liquid out of my body as possible beforehand."

1. [+180, -2] That makes me feel so bad for her, that she has to go to that extreme~~~

2. [+136, -3] I read a book written by a journalist who followed Nine Muses around for a year when they were trainees... and it's seriously scary...

3. [+57, -2] Follow a pro boxer around for a week~ they're experts when it comes to weight loss.

4. [+13, -3] Reminds me of that picture that had all of Rainbow's sizes written down. They really manage themselves to the T. If you think about it, groups like KARA and Rainbow have never had a member who couldn't manage their weights.. meanwhile you have a certain someone who couldn't even lose some weight before her comeback and had to come up on stage with tons of carboxy shot marks all over her legs..

5. [+10, -0] I don't get why people are obsessed with the number... people always want that magic 45 kg like they're all some mannequins. Every body fits a different look regardless of the scale...

6. [+7, -2] Taking laxatives is probably the best way to lose weight in the shortest amount of time possible (nb: please don't do this)

7. [+6, -0] Wait, their company put their weights up on the bulletin board???? What a crazy company......

8. [+6, -0] I get that she's desperate but I don't think cutting your nails and spitting would help much...

9. [+4, -2] Did she honestly think that would hurt? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-