Increase in cafes and restaurants with 'no kids zone'

One of the bigger issues of debate going on right now is the increase in places like cafes and restaurants turning into 'no kids zones' where they flat out refuse to serve babies and children.

The issue started brewing when people on SNS would start spreading sightings of mothers who would openly change their baby's diapers on the tables and discard the diaper on the seats and other nuisances like parents letting their kids run around the restaurant with no control and generally being a pain to others.

-




Article: "Kids are not allowed"

Source: SBS via Nate

1. [+1,633, -29] I'm a mother myself but I support no kids zones. Even as a parent, there are some parents that I just can't bring myself to understand. It's selfish to ask those without kids to understand the antics of those who do.

2. [+1,510, -19] I own a coffee shop and I support no kids zones. Even today, children were running around with no control and the parents didn't do anything to stop them until they broke a cup and a man at the table next over got mad and asked the parents to watch them for the sake of their safety. If you have children, please take them to cafes for children ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+1,353, -24] Reminds me of a story where a 5 year old kid was running around and an ajumma went up to him asking, "Hey, you're not supposed to be doing that", and his mom came out and said, "Omo! Ajumma, why don't you let kids be kids can be kids but that doesn't give you the right to act like one either". The mom blanked out for 3 seconds and then left with the child. The ajumma was right. Kids can be kids but it's the mother's job to be mature and stop inappropriate behavior.

4. [+81, -2] Cafes are actually dangerous places for kids but parents don't realize that. You have hot liquids and cups that can be easily broken and the tables are light builds so any kid hanging off of it can flip over easily. Then of course the blame goes to the owner of the cafe. Parents need to be more responsible.

5. [+81, -2] I support this as a business owner as well. Kids run around with their shoes off pushing chairs over while the parents don't care. I wanted to hit a kid once. So many irresponsible parents nowadays.

-


Nate Poll: Increase in 'No Kids Zone', what are your thoughts?

1. I agree, 15,947 votes (87%)
2. I disagree, 2,194 votes (12%)
3. Other, 157 votes (1%)

1. [+921, -16] Too many parents who only think their kids are the most important. It's not the kids that are the problem but the parents.

2. [+811, -13] I once saw a 7 year old kid try to climb on top of a display shelf and fall down and the mother b*tched at the staff, yelling like, "What were you doing instead of managing safety while my child was falling?" And what exactly were you doing as the mother?

3. [+704, -21] If parents were more responsible, things wouldn't have gotten to this point. Foreign parents will immediately reprimand their kids if they're being noisy in public but Korean parents are too busy coddling them. I can't stand kids.

4. [+44, -1] Just throw your diapers away at restaurants or cafes... why are parents arguing about rights when they can't even throw something in the trash. Who would want to eat at a cafe with a diaper on the table?

5. [+33, -2] I always see kids running around and screaming at supermarket food courts and the parents don't care. It's even worse at cafes. Mothers who come in with huge baby strollers sit there all day chatting away while they leave dirty diapers all over the tables. Their babies will start crying to leave but they don't care and continue chatting away ㅋㅋ I'm a mother myself but I can't understand this behavior. Even if my kids are behaving, I leave as soon as I finish my meal or my coffee because kids get bored the minute they get full.

-