[Pann] Fan accounts of Sunggyu people watching on the streets


Pann: This sighting account of Sunggyu feels sad for some reason ㅋㅋ

"I saw Sunggyu at Sangsoo. He was wearing a beanie and sitting crouched at a curb on the street and basically people watched for about 30 minutes ㅋㅋ but nobody recognized him. There's a lot of people just passing by there so maybe people didn't care about someone just sitting crouched there and I'm sure many doubted that a celebrity would be like that for 30 minutes ㅋㅋㅋ I recognized him while looking outside the window at my part time job.

I passed my job to the next shift and was on my way home when I noticed that he was still there so I told him that I was a fan and asked what he was doing. He said, 'Finally someone recognizes me, thank you' and then left after a couple minutes ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I wonder if he was testing his public recognition level on his own?

The funnier part is that my home is on the same road Sunggyu was taking so it looked like I was following him. Sunggyu kept stealing glances at me and then said, 'Sorry but you can go your own way now' so I told him that I was actually on my way home too, which seemed like it embarrassed him so he started laughing quietly with his mouth wide open like Heo Youngji does and said again, 'Pathetic little me made a misunderstanding, sorry about that. Would you like an autograph?', which I declined for a handshake before going back home."

-

1. [+352, -1] Sunggyu said that he takes the taxi out to go people watching... he'll people watch for 15~30 minutes and go back home zㅋㅋㅋ please don't think of our leader as weird, just pass him by ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+277, -2] "pathetic little me" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ don't be like that, Sunggyu-ya

3. [+256, -4] "pathetic little me made a misunderstanding" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ something about this story makes me laugh and feel sad... I'm at risk of becoming a fan

4. [+108, -0] While watching '4gaji Show', I felt that he's a lonely person... his family lives far away, he doesn't try to depend on the members, he has a shy personality, and doesn't have many other celebrity friends...

5. [+77, -0] I'm a B2uty but it's adorable how he says "pathetic little me made a misunderstanding" ㅋㅋ so charming. Jang Dongwoo also visits this one place so often that people there don't even trat him like a celebrity anymore ㅋㅋ

6. [+66, -0] Reminds me of another sighting account when Sunggyu was back in his hometown and someone asked:
Person: Are you by chance Sunggyu...?
Sunggyu: Yes, I am
Person: Where's L?
Sunggyu: He died
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+65, -0] INFINITE has such a clean private life... so jealous.. I'm an EXO-L and it's really hard being a fan these days

8. [+64, -0] Sunggyu said on '4gaji Show' that he feels super lonely when he wants to meet with friends but they're too busy so he'll go out to places like Itaewon to people watch... which makes him feel even lonelier ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Seems he suffers from loneliness during hiatus... it's a funny sighting account but it also makes me feel bad for him ㅠㅠ

9. [+60, -1] It's a cute story for people to read but for real fans who've watched him on '4gaji Show', it's not all that funny... Sunggyu seems like the type of celebrity who struggles with the huge difference/gap between being cheered for on stage and then going back to a normal life and feeling lonely... INFINITE really knows how precious every moment they're working is.
'4gaji Show' Sunggyu: There are times when I'm so bored and want to meet with someone but if a friend doesn't have the time, I'll go to Itaewon and do nothing but people watch. Not for long either, I'll maybe walk around for like 10-15 minutes and drive back home.
Therapist: And does that make you feel better?
Sunggyu: No

10. [+57, -0] (Another fan account) "I saw Sunggyu with a hoodie on at Garosugil and he was just walking alone with nobody recognizing him. I was wondering if it was actually him and was about to go my own way but I kept walking back to check if it was him and I thought it was so I said 'uh!!' out loud and he looked at me and went 'uh?' too ㅋㅋㅋ and I don't know why I randomly said this to him, I still don't get why I did ㅋㅋㅋ, but I told him 'it's been a while....' and Sunggyu could've just been like 'who are you?' but he hesitated before saying, 'oh yeah, you've been well, right?' and I just said 'yeah...' and he said 'yeah...' and I said 'yeah...' and then Sunggyu said 'yeah' and bowed and said 'I'll be leaving now' so I said 'farewell, fighting'. It was the weirdest feeling celebrity encounter I've ever had so I could never forget it."

11. [+43, -0] Yeah, I agree that it's a cute story for non-fans but to Inspirits, it makes us feel sad. Sunggyu met with a therapist on '4gaji Show' and mentioned that he doesn't have hobbies so he usually meets with friends on his off time but if they're busy, he'll go out and wander around like that. But he only does it briefly and it doesn't make him feel any better. He's not the type to depend on anyone so it seems he's struggling emotionally. I'm really glad he has the other members with him. Woohyun said that Sunggyu's hobby is singing but it's so second nature to him that he doesn't realize that and something about him saying that made me feel really good about being an INFINITE fan. The members have such a clear relationship with one another that is so loyal and no one else can break through. The little things they say really tug at my heartstrings.

-