TV: Hwajung


Article: 'Hwajung' is it Lee Yeon Hee's fault? slow progress despite Avengers-level casting

Source:
Newsen via Nate

1. [+498, -16] Crappy acting from both the male and female leads with a hopeless story. The drama's barely getting through thanks to their supporting cast.

2. [+482, -23] Lee Yeon Hee's acting tone never changes

3. [+373, -8] I tried to ignore Lee Yeon Hee's acting and just watch for the sake of the drama but I could barely make it through scriptwriter Kim Yi Young's writing ㅋㅋㅋ the plot pisses me off even though I know it's fiction ㅋㅋㅋ the same repertoire used over and over, I'm honestly wondering how much longer she's going to reuse it

4. [+41, -2] This is really 50 episodes? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Did they not know that this would happen if they cast Lee Yeon Hee? Are they that naive? Let's see until when SM keeps this up... I refuse to see this, it's a waste of my time.

5. [+40, -1] Lee Yeon Hee and Seo Kang Joon ruined this drama. Why in the world was this Seo Kang Joon bastard cast? They should've centered the drama around Cha Seung Won, at least it wouldn't have failed so miserably then;;; tsk tsk tsk

6. [+39, -0] I'm so bored of historical dramas using the same scene where the male or female lead has to save the other so they get stabbed with the sword instead...

7. [+32, -15] Don't blame this on Lee Yeon Hee. Her acting isn't as bad as some of the worst actors and if the plot itself was good enough, she could've just ended up like Kim Tae Hee in 'Jang Ok Jung' and scooted by despite a few acting controversies here and there. The drama's problem is the scriptwriter's lack of writing skill and lack of preparation. You can tell she didn't read up on the history behind it at all because if she just followed what went down, she could've made up for her lack of creativity with some important plot points. You can tell that the scriptwriter is lazy and just relying on Cha Seung Won to carry the drama.

8. [+29, -3] I don't think Lee Yeon Hee will ever escape her acting controversies. She should just stick to shooting CFs.

9. [+25, -0] I always knew she was bad at acting. The drama itself, however, is so boring. Doesn't keep my interest.

10. [+25, -2] I feel bad for Cha Seung Won...

-