[Pann] Zico's new mixtape counter disses an idol?

Pann: Zico's new mixtape lyrics respond to idol who dissed him

"I've become a useful reference to rookie team directors
They say they can compose and put out mixtapes,
then put out media play the next day mentioning me
They have to hashtag Zico to get their name out there, like coconut water
The industry's overflowing with fake rappers put together through a manual,
ya know what I mean

Everyone and their moms call me their rival,
when I can't even go up against myself yet
How dare you put yourself on the same level as me,
when you started your career with a golden spoon in your mouth, f*ck that
When Jay Park and Nana (and I) were changing the game
You were all hiding saving yourselves for the free ride
If you're going to act hard and spit out swears,
you better start from the bottom before you join
Take this and go buy a treat for yourself
This hyung is too big to hang around the likes you,
people will think I'm trying to steal your lunch money
Get ya own dog ya heard
There's an endless release of the style you so-called designed, like fashion show
When your stage ends, all of the celebs look towards me,
make some noise~!"

-

1. [+155, -6] He went straight to the point... feels like something that's been plugged up finally opened ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+151, -8] Even if you're an idol rapper, you should have your own rap style. I get that fans of Monsta X want to say that there are subtle differences but it just sounds like Zico himself is featuring on that group's songs

3. [+92, -0] I agree with the part where he says idol rappers were holding back while he was out there working from the bottom up to break the stereotype and now that he's finally broken it, everyone crawls out like they've been there from the start shouting f*ck you f*ck you don't look down on me for being an idol rapper. They're really all just getting free rides.

4. [+69, -6] I like how Jooheon's "ggoo ggoo gga gga" was turned around by Zico into that lunch money line

5. [+67, -3] What's Monsta X's Jooheon going to do ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+62, -2] That Jooheon kid really does need to change his rap style. Everyone who listens to his rap can tell right away that it's a copy of Zico's. I thought it was a Zico featuring at first too. Instead of complaining about the public's perception of him, he needs to work on getting some individuality. His fans are always going on about how how skilled he is but his rapping was disappointing after his debut.

7. [+59, -4] You search up 'Zico rival' and Monsta X's Jooheon is the first article that comes up. I'd be pissed too.

8. [+50, -1] I'm a VIP but the lyrics are good, definitely Zico

9. [+48, -0] I don't think Jooheon's fans get it. It's not only their vocal color that overlaps but his flow and style too. Jooheon himself said that the only difference between him and Zico is their energy and stage manner. The thing is that he copied Zico's trademark style, it's obvious that his company trained him to rap like that whereas Zico's is his own style. Jooheon puts out a mixtape saying he's not a Zico copy but his rival and putting out articles about it so of course it's going ot be a problem. He's a rookie now so people are giving it a pass but it's only going to get worse the more popular they get.

10. [+43, -1] That Monsta X's Jooheon kid's rap style is way too similar to Zico's. I was listening to their song earlier and it pretty much sounds like a Zico feature ㅋㅋㅋ

11. [+33, -0] I don't think it's only directed to Jooheon but all of the idols who are using Zico for media play

12. [+29, -1] Not a fan of any group but Jooheon needs to change his rap style. If your style reminds you of another rapper, isn't that pretty much game over for you as an idol rapper? He has the skills but he just needs to find more individuality as a rapper in order to be recognized for his talents.

-