Mers scare affects the entertainment industry


Article: [Exclusive] Junggigo and Mad Clown cancel concert because of Mers

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+761, -16] Realistic decision. Good choice.

2. [+670, -36] I work at a sauna and I see so many dumb people. They come in wearing face masks obviously because of the Mers scare but why even bother coming to a public sauna then ㅋㅋㅋㅋ They get into tubs that dozens of people have been in, wash up, and put their masks back on. Hopeless.

3. [+352, -8] I think if they don't get this Mers thing figured out until July~August, then the Pentaport Rock Festivals will be canceled in Ansan too.. along with other concerts and I wonder what will happen to the music shows.. and real varieties..

4. [+32, -0] I'm getting married this Saturday and they told me I can't cancel it. I'm having to sit here take calls from my guests saying they're sorry they can't make it. I completely understand so I'm just thanking them for the call and I hope all of us spend a happy weekend.

5. [+8, -0] I hope this doesn't continue until August... I'm due for birth then ㅠㅠ Even the mothers giving birth right now aren't allowed to see their babies at the hospitals ㅜㅜ

-


Article: Stars take proof shots wearing face masks... Mers scare hits the entertainment industry

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+657, -19] To the people who don't get why people are wearing masks... the effect might not be as great but it's still an effective way of protecting yourself from anything that comes out of your mouth or someone else's mouth and it's better than not wearing one at all.

2. [+337, -25] It's a good thing, I hope more celebrities help start spreading awareness about wearing masks!

3. [+42, -0] Some of these pictures aren't even from Mers, they're just stars who happen to be wearing masks, tsk

4. [+30, -3] They're spreading more awareness than our government is...

5. [+24, -6] I find it hilarious when people take off their masks to go for a smoke ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ You're scared of Mers but you're not scared of lung cancer? I mean, I guess it's a difference of whether you die right now or later but I find it hilarious that people like that still care about their health ㅋㅋㅋ

-