Luna shares the story behind f(x)'s debut struggle


Article: Luna confesses the behind-the-scenes story to f(x)'s debut

Source: Mydaily via Naver

After introducing Kelly Sweet's "We Are One" on Sunny's radio show, she said, "This is a song I chose for our f(x). It's a song that warms my heart and makes me cry tears of joy.

(While preparing for our showcase), we had no idea whether we'd be able to debut tomorrow or in a year from now. The members would always stick together and promise, 'Let's do well. Let's work hard and succeed.' We were about 15, 16 years old at the time.

We tried to become a source of strength for one another and on days where we'd get into a fight, get upset, or get sick, we'd stop rehearsing, lay down on the floor together, and turn on this song.

The intro of this song reminds me of my mother. It's a song that helped us become one when we were all physically and emotionally exhausted. When we were laying down together, we'd cry if we wanted to, laugh if we wanted to, and sometimes fall asleep to it.

One night, we had a 10 hour evening rehearsal. I honestly gave the members such a hard time then. I'd count from 1 to 100 on a notepad and we'd practice by ticking each number off. Whether that took all night, 10 hours, or 5 hours didn't matter because I thought it'd be better to count off on practice than go by time. It was so we wouldn't get tired. We had to have a goal to run towards. We were so young that we needed something to keep us grounded or we'd stop.

The rehearsals became too much for the members and I understood what they were feeling. I had our rehearsals focused on me and I could've been more understanding and let us take breaks but I was greedy and didn't think of the members first. We were all so tired and missing our moms. It was a day we turned on this song and cried a lot. I just wanted to debut so fast. I'm sorry about what happened then. When I listened to this song, I remember thinking that I wanted to be with my members until the end. That we could be a source of strength for each other when we're tired. When I listen to this song now, I'm reminded that we are truly one...."

-

1. [+10,088, -375] All this suffering that f(x) is going through because of one member...

2. [+9,435, -170] She sounds like she was a practice-holic... she worked so hard for this debut but all it took was for one member to get popular and change her mind ㅠㅠㅠㅠ  Sigh, wishing f(x) more luck

3. [+9,301, -226] I honestly wouldn't doubt Luna to be burning fire on the inside because of Sulli

4. [+8,091, -954] Sulli really needs to stop being a nuisance to the other members. SM seems like a breeding ground for discord. JYP seems like the better family atmosphere.

5. [+711, -19] I don't think SM realizes just how popular f(x) is... SM, please give f(x) a comeback ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Luna's singing seems like it's improved on 'Mask Best Singer'!!!

6. [+715, -24] They can just leave Sulli out and go with the four of them... how many times have they lost out on promo chances because of Sulli?

7. [+665, -22] Those who put in the time and effort to hone their talents will always prevail in the end. Pretty looks will get you momentary attention but it can also be used against you to put you down. Look at Kim Tae Hee... everyone praises her for her beauty but do you ever hear a junior talk about respecting her and looking up to her as an actress?

8. [+518, -17] So is Sulli still off doing pictorials to herself because she still needs a mental break?

-

Source: Nate

1. [+681, -28] So they went through all this work and effort to debut and Sulli ruined it all. Sure she can date and all but she can't be acting like this to the members she suffered with. Can't dance or sing... just be grateful to the other f(x) members that she even got this far tsk tsk.

2. [+473, -34] f(x) had been on a roll with 'Pinocchio', 'Hot Summer', and 'Electric Shock'... and then they just dropped.

3. [+395, -22] It's all because of Choiza's girlfriend

4. [+39, -4] f(x) was so known in their early debuts for Sulli and Krystal having attitude problems. They would've been highly respected idols if not for those two.

5. [+33, -4] With how lazy Sulli is on stage, it'd be weird if the group never got into fights over it.

6. [+26, -1] Their contracts expire next year~! I already have a feeling as to who will leave the team but I feel like Luna will stick with the team until the end~! ^^

7. [+21, -1] I feel like Krystal has a hot temper too

8. [+15, -1] The untalented but pretty Choiza's wife ㅋ to think that one kid turned all of these dreams into dust... If they didn't go on hiatus after 'Red Light' and promoted up to their repackaged album, they would've won a few awards at the year-end ceremonies.

-