Lee Ji Yeon's mother interviewed following sentence


Article: [Exclusive Interview] Lee Ji Yeon's mother "Lee Byung Hun-ssi, what happened to my daughter better never happen again"

Source: SBS funE via Naver

(Questions I thought were interesting, not the whole interview is translated here)

Q. Jiyeon-ssi cried as soon as the sentence was announced. She looked like she was looking for her mother in the audience. Did you see her?

No, I couldn't. I stared at the judge because I knew I would start crying if I looked at her.

Q. Why did she cry?

She's probably scared of the world. She's been in such pain for the past four and a half months and now she must live in that pain for double that time.

Q. While submitting evidence, you must've found out all that had gone on between them.

I was really surprised. My daughter seemed like such a fool and and I was resentful of the actions of Lee Byung Hun, who has only a three year age difference with me.

Q. How is Jiyeon-ssi doing right now?

She's holding on. She's sick so I'm giving her medicine as quickly as I can.

Q. Do you visit her every day still?

Yes. She's in a room with seven other people. There's barely enough room to sleep so she has to sleep on her side. It takes me five hours to travel there but it at least allows her time to rest if I go so I've been going every day.

Q. What does Jiyeon-ssi say?

We don't talk about what happened because it's so difficult. Her father is fighting cancer so she always assures me that she's okay and not to worry about her.

Q. There are talks of appeal. Will you appeal?

We'll be discussing that with our lawyer. We've already submitted as much evidence as we could but it didn't influence the decision much. We are considering an appeal.

Q. What would you like to say to Lee Byung Hun?

I speak from the perspective of a mother with a daughter. In the process of unveiling the truth, I'd like to apologize if he was harmed by anything our side revealed. He is obviously in a married relationship with Lee Min Jung-ssi, making him a married man. I hope that he never again is involved in another affair like what had happened with my daughter. I never want another 2nd or 3rd instance like this to happen to any other woman. Never again.

The judge admitted on the day of the sentence that, "Even as a married man, he met with a woman significantly younger than him and made physical contact, sending her messages requesting a sexual relationship. From the perspective of the defendant, it is understandable that she would believe he liked her as a woman. The defendant, however, rejected any sexual contact as seen in their messages exchanged and did not show any emotion that alluded to her liking him back."

Thus, the judge did not believe that they were lovers. He also said, "From their messages exchanged, it can be assumed that the crime was planned beforehand and she is guilty of blackmailing him for 5 billion won."

I always told my daughter to never accept any type of money her agency would offer in case something worse could happen to her so I'm very upset that this happened. Once she is out of jail, I will reprimand her sharply and teach her right again.

-

Lee Ji Yeon's mother then abruptly left for jail, saying, "I have to request a visit before it's too late so that my daughter can rest at least for 10 minutes today."

-

1. [+1,304, -110] Seems Lee Byung Hun has workers making up comments today.... Pathetic because he was obviously trying to sleep with a younger woman but just because she rejected him and made up excuses, he sends her straight to jail. Dirty.......

2. [+1,222, -75] Lee Santa OUT!!

3. [+1,129, -97] Whatever the case, Lee Byung Hun is a dog and he needs to be kicked out of the country.

4. [+131, -189] Sure Lee Byung Hun's trash but your daughter's no better. She knew he was a married man and tried to blackmail him. She's no victim in this matter so stop acting like one.

5. [+128, -3] That Canadian gymnast, Kang Byung Kyu, Lee Ji Yeon, Dahee... who else are we missing from this list of names. Probably more that we haven't found out about, right???

6. [+116, -9] I wonder how he's enjoying his vacation in America after fu*king up the life of one young woman.

7. [+110, -0] I wonder how the tables would have turned if she filed a lawsuit against him for sexual harassment instead of trying to blackmail him

8. [+85, -0] That Canadian gymnast was 21 years old... these two girls are 20 and 21 years old... Just because his wife is hitting her thirties now, he's already gunning for romantic success with young women in their twenties.

-