Jonghyun reveals his struggles to open up and show his true self


Article: Jonghyun tears up, "I feel like people judge me without knowing me"

Source:
TV Report via Naver

"I don't think I've had many people that I could open up to about my feelings like this. I was always worried about what people would think of me if I talked about these things with them. No matter what I say, people have always judged me however they thought of me. It made me regretful... I used to have this greed to want to show everyone who I really am. But now, I've realized that it's impossible and that I should instead try to understand why those people are like that. I said so before... people aren't curious about what kind of person I really am."

1. [+6,457, -905] I'm sure there are people who aren't like that... As for me, I am consoled by Kim Jong Hyun-gun's music and feel happiness while listening to your songs. You're someone who is needed.. so please always be singing for your fans ^-^

2. [+5,224, -795] I felt so bad for him here ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+5,091, -754] Thank you for showing us that you are a person with deeper thoughts than expected through this broadcast

4. [+4,326, -734] Jonghyun-ah, I'm okay with whoever you are on broadcast, whichever your real image is! Don't worry and be as true to yourself as you want. So don't be sad... ㅜ I cried with him watching this..

5. [+4,063, -685] As much as you hear what the public says, never forget that there are people who want to listen to you, who are curious of who you really are, who understand you, and who always support you. Fighting!!!

6. [+796, -90] This is the problem with blindly hating idols. People are always so quick to lash at the state of the music market but they never buy their favorite artist's albums or attend their concerts. You look at the people who buy albums nowadays and at least 7 out of 10 are idol fans. They also don't hesitate on picking up albums of other not so well known artists since they're so used to buying albums too. It's normal for someone to watch a music show for their favorite singer and all that but people blame it all on idol culture and it's honestly pathetic.

7. [+573, -49] I feel bad for celebrities when I read things like this. They can't say anything because people interpret it differently.. I remember being scared of the world when my words were misconstrued, can't imagine the pressure stars are under. Find strength... there are more fans who support you than not, Jonghyun-ssi.

8. [+570, -67] It's certainly hard to hold back your own feelings just to smile for the sake of the public... idols are human after all too.

-