TV: [Spoilers!!!] Abnormal Summit


Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Daniel, "Hitler's a devil, please stop calling him amazing"

Source:
OSEN via Naver

"Maybe because they don't know much about Hitler, but (in Korea), there are often people who think Hitler's an amazing person. I wish they wouldn't say that. When I hear things like that on a taxi, as a German, it makes me want to get off the car. If you say things like that in Germany, you'll be arrested. Hitler was a devil."

1. [+17,753, -129] Germany's not an amazing country for no reason... they remember their history the way it happened and pass it down to their future generations accurately. Daniel was extraordinary on the episode today and there's so much to learn from him.

2. [+12,511, -116] Daniel's an amazing person...

3. [+12,122, -110] There's so much to learn from this show. Today's episode especially taught me so much. Daniel's just... an amazing person.

4. [+7,819, -83] I hope Pritz is listening to this.

5. [+2,348, -13] I remember a German woman on 'Talk of the Beauties' said the same thing. If you talk positive about Hitler in Germany even today, you'll be arrested. Germany is not a country like Japan where they worship the Yasukuni shrine.

6. [+1,997, -11] Germany seems right on point with their history education!

-

Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Sam Ochiri "My black friend cried after seeing my CF"

Source:
OSEN via Nate

"When I was younger and living in Ghana, I was taught that white is good and black is bad. During our colonization, we treated white people like gods so even amongst ourselves in Ghana, we preferred people with lighter skin.

While working as an extra in Korea, most of our scenes had white people in the front with black people in the back. My black friends would always message me saying they're curious about Korean culture but they're scared of coming because of the image Koreans have of them.

While in Dongdaemun with a friend, my friend saw ad picture and began crying. S/he had never expected for a black man's picture to be hung up like that in Korea and began crying out of joy."

1. [+365, -15] This part made me sad ㅜㅜㅜ

2. [+354, -23] So much to learn from today's episode~ I'm sure that thanks to Sam Ochiri, discrimination will slowly diminish as well.

3. [+289, -28] What a legendary episode today... every single thing said was so on point. So many things to learn.

4. [+26, -4] I agreed a lot with what Sung Shi Kyung said that... that people discriminate with bad intentions but for others, it's not the case. With black people, sometimes we can't approach them because we really are scared and have literally never met them before...;; and there's still the stereotype that all Americans are white ㅋㅋ;;; maybe because of all the American soldiers and missionaries we were used to seeing in the past;; anyway, I'm glad Sam-ssi is breaking stereotypes!! Fighting!

5. [+25, -3] Everything Daniel and Tyler said today were so important... Daniel's words on Hitler and Germany's acknowledgement of their crimes along with Tyler reinforcing the fact that we need to continue fighting discrimination. These are both things we need in our country's modern society.

-